Dazzman

• Friday 29th April 2016, 4:21am [Edited]
  • England
  • 22 posts

Well with Network finally working on and actively planning full releases of

Sykes
Till Death Us Do Part etc..etc

from the March email

So now we are almost back where we started, having recently concluded an agreement with the BBC to revisit some of our older releases as well as bring a lot of new material to add to our range. Towards the end of the year and beyond we'll be releasing complete* series box sets of shows that we'd distributed many years ago including 'The Goodies', 'Till Death Us Do Part' and 'Sykes' amongst rarer fare like 'All Passion Spent' and 'Johnny Jarvis', some Screen Two presentations such as 'The Vision', bafflingly unreleased classics like 'The Life And Times Of David Lloyd George' and much more.

What other BBC gems could/should Network look at now they are working again with the BBC?

Dazzman

• Friday 29th April 2016, 10:23pm
  • England
  • 22 posts

very happy with Simply Media and to finally see Happy Ever After coming out :D

marac

• Thursday 5th May 2016, 12:10pm
  • SUFFOLK, England
  • 101 posts

Forgot to mention "The Dick Emery Show" that would be a very good show to release. Think some of the episodes may have been wiped but it would still be a very large box set.

Aaron

• Thursday 5th May 2016, 12:11pm
  • Royal Berkshire, England
  • 68,366 posts

Yes, lots wiped, sadly. Would so very dearly love to see the rest.

Sitcomfan64

• Friday 6th May 2016, 2:39pm
  • England
  • 567 posts

I'm so glad about Sykes (I suppose you could say I'm psyched? I'll get me coat...)

Is there a rough release date? And when they say 'complete series' do they mean a rerelease of series one or a whole boxset of all the series?

Aaron

• Friday 6th May 2016, 6:15pm
  • 68,366 posts
Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 6th May 2016, 2:39 PM BST

Is there a rough release date? And when they say 'complete series' do they mean a rerelease of series one or a whole boxset of all the series?

I understand the first releases are hoped to be out by the end of the year.

Whether things will be re-released, whether there'll be individual series releases, or whether it'll be just single complete sets, I'm afraid I don't know yet.

Dazzman

• Sunday 8th May 2016, 2:42pm [Edited]
  • England
  • 22 posts

Complete sets would be good whether they include Series 1 (Sykes for example) or not. Some of those older releases are hard and pricey to get hold of. Till Death Us Do Part comes to mind.

marac

• Sunday 6th November 2016, 2:22pm [Edited]
  • SUFFOLK, England
  • 101 posts

Delighted that Network have now put some very long overdue comedy up for pre-order. So that Till Death Us Do Part future release mentioned on this forum was absolutely true. I wonder what will exactly be included on that 8 disc set? They have mentioned the audio recordings of the missing episodes but what about all those little bits & pieces that survive will they be included? They also mention the recently discovered episode so that looks like being included. I can't wait to get my hands on this little lot, they sound exciting.

Aaron

• Sunday 6th November 2016, 4:49pm
  • 68,366 posts

Info coming soon, marac. :)

Sitcomfan64

• Sunday 6th November 2016, 6:34pm [Edited]
  • England
  • 567 posts

Great news about Till Death. Any news on Sykes?