The all in one consolidated RIP thread Page 83

RIP Roger E. Mosley ?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 6th August 2022, 9:30 AM

Awww, lovely voice and frontage

RIP

I saw the Seekers about 7 or 8 years ago when they toured over here to celebrate their 50th anniversary with my partner at the time who was Antipodean.

Quote: Chappers @ 8th August 2022, 1:45 PM

I saw the Seekers about 7 or 8 years ago when they toured over here to celebrate their 50th anniversary with my partner at the time who was Antipodean.

Why were they celebrating their 50th with your partner?

(serves you right, as that is the sort of thing you pick up on) ?

Somewhat shockingly, Olivia Newton John, age 73 :(

RIP Sandy

RIP ONJ. XXX

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 8th August 2022, 9:38 PM

Somewhat shockingly, Olivia Newton John, age 73 :(

Two days ago, I was driving to work, and "Please, Mr. Please" came on the radio, and it made me wonder how she was doing. RIP.

RIP Raymond Briggs
Obviously best known for The Snowman but wrote some biting, satirical stories ( When the Wind Blows & The Tin-Pot Foreign General and there Old Iron Woman.
Plus the very moving Ethel & Ernest

Superb artist and storyteller. Rest In Peace, Mr Briggs

Quote: Lazzard @ 10th August 2022, 8:40 AM

RIP Raymond Briggs
Obviously best known for The Snowman but wrote some biting, satirical stories ( When the Wind Blows & The Tin-Pot Foreign General and there Old Iron Woman.

RIP. Maybe they'll show all his shorts in tribute.

Quote: Chappers @ 10th August 2022, 5:43 PM

Maybe they'll show all his shorts in tribute.

Quote: Lazzard @ 10th August 2022, 8:40 AM

RIP Raymond Briggs

Indeed, something for all ages (admittedly I still love watching the kid-aimed Snowman and Father Christmas at Christmas alongside all the Sitcom Christmas Specials for that Nostalgia injection).

Saw this on Twitter last night, a nice picture of him with his friend and fellow author-illustrator Shirley Hughes who also died this year: https://twitter.com/ClaraVulliamy/status/1557323694829076480

RIP Dougie Brown.

Who is it?

The Gairmans!