The all in one consolidated RIP thread Page 78

Quote: psmith @ 4th March 2022, 4:53 AM

RIP Rod Marsh.

Following hot on the heels of Rodney Marsh (the cricketer), Shane Warne. Age 52. Also from a heart attack.

Just not cricket.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 4th March 2022, 2:54 PM

Following hot on the heels of Rodney Marsh (the cricketer), Shane Warne. Age 52. Also from a heart attack.

STRUTH!

Quote: psmith @ 4th March 2022, 4:02 PM

Amazing delivery

Gatting didn't have a clue what just happened!

Quote: psmith @ 4th March 2022, 4:53 AM

RIP Rod Marsh.

"Never trust a man who doesn't drink." Marsh's extreme trustworthiness was implied by an infamous flight to Heathrow in 1983, on which he broke Doug Walters' 44-can beer-drinking record.

Some accounts of the aftermath had Marsh being wheeled through customs on a baggage trolley. 'Marsh splashes down', said a London tabloid headline.

I thought it was the cricketer.

Big shock about Shane Warne
RIP to perhaps the greatest Bowler of all time

Very sad to hear about Lynda Baron. Not only brilliant in Open All Hours, but I grew up watching her and Pippin in Come Outside, a huge part of my childhood.

RIP Fantastic screen prescence.

Yes, RIP Gladys Baron - great lady.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 7th March 2022, 11:28 PM

Yes, RIP Gladys Baron - great lady.

Don't you mean Linda Emmanuel? RIP.

RIP William Hurt
A great actor.
"The Accidental Tourist" is one of my favourite films - but he added a touch of class to pretty well everything he did.

And now Pete Bowles
RIP

RIP Peter.
You were always guaranteed a polished performance from him.

Yes indeed RIP, Mr Bowles

He made for one of the funniest episodes of Rising Damp, when he played the very camp actor Hilary, who deliberately wound Rigsby up by inviting him to play a part in the play he had written, when he got the drift of what Rigsby had been saying about him - so very, very funny.**

**Now, would they be allowed to make something like that in this day and age?