The all in one consolidated RIP thread Page 76

RIP Bamber. No more video nasty's

RIP Ivan Reitman - stalwart of 80's US comedy films.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 9th February 2022, 7:48 AM

RIP Bamber. No more video nasty's

LOVE THIS , especially the 'P' added to Rick's name, and I think, a wonderful homage to Bamber. - Yes, RIP sir.

Beryl Vertue age 90, former secretary of Associated London Scripts and, as such, worked closely with the likes of Galton & Simpson, Spike Milligan, Eric Sykes & Johnny Speight, morphing into an agent for Tony Hancock & Frankie Howerd amongst others and latterly producer for many comedy - and other -shows.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-60369224?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA

Beryl Vertue was a massive name in TV.
A great loss to great telly.

RIP Rainbow George Weiss.

I'm shocked to be fair that no one has had anything to say about this.

Sven would have done.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 14th February 2022, 11:04 PM

RIP Rainbow George Weiss.

I'm shocked to be fair that no one has had anything to say about this.

Sven would have done.

Sorry. Took me time but I know who you mean. The squatter who lived in a mansion.

Jack Smethurst, age 89.

Quote: Chappers @ 15th February 2022, 9:31 PM

Sorry. Took me time but I know who you mean. The squatter who lived in a mansion.

Yes. Friend and neighbour of Peter Cook. A lot of stories. They would ring up phone in programmes on London radio. Rainbow George who stood for Parliament and was frankly bonkers was latterly and occasionally Sterling Silver. Cook was a caller who went under the name of Sven and did a Swedish accent. Happier days before radio became po faced and just bloody terrorising. I like to feel that I am among other things on here a real eduwcation.

Ain't I chief. My biggest memory of Cook is almost certainly not the same as anyone else's as this is the way I work. He was on pro celebrity golf and made some massive thing before trying to sink a putt to gee himself up. Basically he said to himself that if he failed half of Chinese people would die and he would feel personally responsible and how awful that would be. I am sad that we don't have that kind of normality - and individualism - now.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 16th February 2022, 9:46 PM

Jack Smethurst, age 89.

Bloody Nora.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 16th February 2022, 9:46 PM

Jack Smethurst, age 89.

Aww, liked him in For The Love of Ada - all of that cast gone now. ?

RIP

Quote: A Horseradish @ 16th February 2022, 11:22 PM

Yes. Friend and neighbour of Peter Cook. A lot of stories. They would ring up phone in programmes on London radio. Rainbow George who stood for Parliament and was frankly bonkers was latterly and occasionally Sterling Silver. Cook was a caller who went under the name of Sven and did a Swedish accent. Happier days before radio became po faced and just bloody terrorising. I like to feel that I am among other things on here a real eduwcation.

Ain't I chief. My biggest memory of Cook is almost certainly not the same as anyone else's as this is the way I work. He was on pro celebrity golf and made some massive thing before trying to sink a putt to gee himself up. Basically he said to himself that if he failed half of Chinese people would die and he would feel personally responsible and how awful that would be. I am sad that we don't have that kind of normality - and individualism - now.

Actually it was usually with Clive Bull on LBC.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 17th February 2022, 8:58 AM

Aww, liked him in For The Love of Ada - all of that cast gone now. ?

Very slightly weird - started watching The Larkins box set, and Barbara Mitchell (the daughter in For The Love of Ada) was in it as the neighbour.

RIP PJ O'Rourke, the American satirist. Very talented and that rare beast: a funny right winger.

A bloke dies and you have to use politics?