The all in one consolidated RIP thread Page 18

RIP Chas
I always love listening to the real Slim Shady by Eminem knowing that he was playing the guitar

I prefer Eminem's 2012 version of Snooker mutha f**kin loopey

Quote: Briosaid @ 22nd September 2018, 8:26 PM

Glad for you all to RIP Him. I haven't a clue who the man is.

I'm guessing that this is something to do with the language barrier.

RIP Chas.

It could be. The snatches of songs I've heard, don't greatly appeal. Now if they'd done a version of 'Ye canny shove yer granny aff a bus' or 'Oor wee school's the best wee school, the best wee school in Glesca' ...

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 22nd September 2018, 8:45 PM

Gertcha...

:D

Quote: Briosaid @ 23rd September 2018, 11:13 PM

It could be. The snatches of songs I've heard, don't greatly appeal. Now if they'd done a version of 'Ye canny shove yer granny aff a bus' or 'Oor wee school's the best wee school, the best wee school in Glesca' ...

I think that I would walk 500 miles and I would walk 500 more to get as far away from Scotchland as possible.

Quote: Chappers @ 24th September 2018, 9:33 PM

I think that I would walk 500 miles and I would walk 500 more to get as far away from Scotchland as possible.

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

Laughing out loud

Geoffrey Hayes, who presented "Rainbow" for almost 20 years, has died aged 76.

He was an iconic figure who, along with his three non-human friends, will be remembered fondly and forever by millions upon millions of TV viewers.

You painted the whole world with a rainbow, Geoffrey!

Charles Aznavour has died at the age of 94.

He sold more than 100 million records in 80 countries which makes him spectacularly successful by any standards. Nevertheless, I have always thought him underrated.

He was often compared to Frank Sinatra but, unlike Frank, he wrote his own songs (about 1300 of them) so perhaps Bob Dylan might be an equally appropriate comparison?

In performance, he was always passionate and often tortured while Frank was invariably the very epitome of cool. In his writing, he created a world of passion with phrases and sentences that every listener could understand, which is something not usually associated with Bob at his best.

He will be remembered, of course, for his magnificent love songs but it should also be remembered that many of his songs challenged romantic convention and took a sledgehammer to sexual taboos. I don't recall Frank or Bob doing very much of that.

One thing he certainly had in common with Frank Sinatra and Bob Dylan is that he was the best in the world at what he did.

We shall never see his like again.

I just read that Marty Balin died last week. RIP.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 1st October 2018, 2:17 PM

We shall never see his like again.

Sorry he's dead but quite frankly I'm not sorry that we won't see his like again. That much vibrato should be made illegal.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 1st October 2018, 2:17 PM

In his writing, he created a world of passion with phrases and sentences that every listener could understand, which is something not usually associated with Bob at his best.

That's an awful slur on the Dylan. What is it about 'She smoked my eyelids, I punched her cigarette' you don't understand?
Angry Er, I may have got confused but has Bob Dylan died? Eh?

The answer is blowing in the wind.

Ray Galton *gulp*