Camping

I couldn't fiind a thread for this. So has anyone else been watching Julia Davis' new comedy? Personally, I love it. It's been far too long since I was hooked on a sitcom from th first episode, but this one did it (Vicki Pepperdine's character was a beautifully written monster).

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 20th April 2016, 9:12 AM BST

I couldn't fiind a thread for this. So has anyone ellse beeen watching Julia Davis' new comedy? Personally, I love it. It's been far too long since I was hooked on a sitcom from th first episode, but this one did it (Vicki Pepperdine's character was a beautifully written monster).

I totally agree. It's excellent. It's much darker than I was expecting but then it hit me that pretty much everything Julia Davis writes is awesomely macabre. I agree with your comment on Vicki Pepperdine, that role was written for her, surely. I can't see anyone else pulling that part off at that level of expertise.

I agree. It's difficult to think of another writer who has had such a string of successes (what I wouldn't give for another series of Human Remains). Reminded me I must give Nighty Night a rewatch too.

Loving this. Watched a couple months ago and catching up the rest.

JD is a National Treasure. Can't get this here in Italy. Bugger. Have to wait for the DVD. Teary

It will be worth the wait!

Meh!

Haven't seen or heard of this, will have to give it a look. The camping trips my family and our family friends used to take together would have made for hilarious viewing.

It's well worth watching, it is very funny.

I'll give it a go.

Never heard of this. I suppose it was on Sky or something.

It's hilarious but I felt its quality trailed off at the end as it went too weird like they had just given up and wrote whatever.