Not Going Out - Series 8 Page 2

Hi everyone, first time poster here! :)

Was just wondering if anyone went to the script read through last week? I reserved tickets but unfortunately couldn't make it.

I had some too but couldn't make it so passed them on.

Did anyone go to the recording last night? Also when should we expect an air date to be announced? Series 8 seems to be taking forever to film compared to previous series'.

Sorry for all the questions by the way. I've been reading the comments on here for a long time before finally deciding to sign up and you all seem to know stuff, haha. :)

I think it's likely to begin broadcasting early in 2017 now. Not sure if there's a Christmas special or not that'll go ahead of the series proper.

Thanks, Aaron! Fingers crossed for that Christmas special. :D

I love Not Going Out, well, in true TBN style I watched S1 for a bit, gave up and then later on, encouraged by what I read from the BCGerati, I rented all series and enjoyed them. I do wonder though, hasn't it had its day?

I think the will they/won't they format had run its course but I'm really excited for the new changes.

Just want to say I'm a bit worried about where Not Going Out is heading! I think it's good they are moving on but why have they done a Desperate Housewives and moved it on SEVEN YEARS?! It didn't work in that show!
I think Lee missed a trick.....the will they won't they went on for too long (they should have hooked up in Series 4 or 5), and THEN had the kid.....and done a series about babies etc, and maybe they could have given Daisy a baby too. It just seems rushed now....and also on a selfish level programmes with loads of kids tend to put me off watching so I don't want it becoming an Outnumbered 2!!

Quote: SitcomFan2016 @ 12th November 2016, 4:27 PM

Thanks, Aaron! Fingers crossed for that Christmas special. :D

You can uncross those fingers, Series 8 begins normally on Friday 13th January. Not quite sure whether it will work with three kids involved, it has never been the same really since Tim left at the end of Series 5. I thought the Series 7 finale was a good place to end it. None the less, I will tune into Series 8.

Well the first episode was promising. Lots of jokes, a pretty simple yet effective plot and the children didn't say too much...

I thought it was great. Wonderful gags and lots of laughs throughout.

I'm not entirely convinced it shouldn't be under a different title and more of a sequel series, mind, but eh.

The new series is set five years in the future. Does that make it sci-fi?

Quote: Mark W @ 14th January 2017, 6:15 AM

The new series is set five years in the future. Does that make it sci-fi?

Or were Series 1 to 7 set in the past?

Quote: Aaron @ 14th January 2017, 12:56 AM

I'm not entirely convinced it shouldn't be under a different title and more of a sequel series, mind, but eh.

Yes, it was almost like a new sitcom, although the title still works and I thought it was quite good and yes the kids didn't get much of a look in, which was also a bonus.

All I need now is for Tim Vine to come back - surely there is an opening for him.

Quote: Aaron @ 14th January 2017, 12:56 AM

I wouldn't go that far, it was a lot better than I was expecting though and did have some funny moments. Shame that they left the flat. I can't see how they're going to stretch another two series out of it, mind. Shame that Katy Wix left too, I used to like her character in the show.

Personally for me though, Not Going Out has never been the same since Tim left at the end of Series 5.

Aaron, according to what I've read elsewhere this series has got 8 episodes - is this correct? Or is two of these episodes 'Specials' for broadcast later in the year? I know they recording more than 6 episodes, didn't they?