Boomshanka!

Hi everyone,

It's great to find a community of people who love comedy as much as I do. I'm Jamie and a big fan of british comedy especially the alternative scene from the 80s. Comic Strip, Young Ones, Spitting Image, Ben Elton, Alexei Sayle, Monty Python, Saturday Live are a few shows I watched when I was growing up. My dad loved that kind of humour so me and my brother got to watch it with him even though we were too young to understand most of what was going on. I used to do a lot of acting at school and did a performing arts course at college and worked for a professional theatre company that toured the UK doing the Care Bear show. I also love singing and playing piano but something I have always wanted to do is write a comedy screenplay with my brother as we are always saying it's something we should do but no matter how much drunken talk we have about kick starting a writing project nothing ever happens. I'm positive this place will help me change that.

Besides comedy I also love drama especially kitcken sink northern stuff and my favourite play is Road by Jim Cartwright. There is so much humour in kitchen sink drama that doesn't reveal itself so easily which I like. In the last few years I've been making DJ mixes of genres I used to listen to in the 90s such as jungle, oldskool rave and drum and bass. I work for an IT company and live in the Cotswolds.

Nice to meet you all and I look forward to contributing to the forums and learning from everyone else :)

Welcome :)

G'day mate.

Strumpet

Thats a fulsome intro - The part is yours, when can you start :)

Thanks for the welcomes guys and you make a good point Flook because it does seem a tad CVesque :D

It's been a long time since I got offered a part though!

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 19th March 2016, 9:05 PM GMT

snipz because it does seem a tad CVesque :D.../snipz

No problemo, everybody is eccentric here.

Hello, Definitely Tarby. You have good taste. :)

Quote: JuliaR @ 20th March 2016, 5:45 AM GMT

Hello, Definitely Tarby. You have good taste. :)

Hi JuliaR, thanks for the welcome :)