Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle Series 4 Page 2

A bit underwhelmed last week. Last night, though, best since series two. Loved the horror spoof ending.

Fudge abortion clinic.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Is it my imagination or does he seem to be swearing more in this series? I've noticed a fair few Fs and Cs in the first two episodes. I know he does swear but usually for impact etc. Where as these seem to be more willy nilly.

Quote: mmmmmm Crisps @ 5th March 2016, 5:22 PM GMT

Dare I say it, but has he lost weight? He looked a bit healthier than in the last series.

Which we now know is because of the Michael McIntyre running about bit in this week's routine.

Loved this week's. And always nice to see Kevin Eldon and Paul Putner (being terrifying).

Quote: scratchyr @ 11th March 2016, 12:02 PM GMT

Is it my imagination or does he seem to be swearing more in this series? I've noticed a fair few Fs and Cs in the first two episodes. I know he does swear but usually for impact etc. Where as these seem to be more willy nilly.

I thought that, too. I was also surprised that he'd used up this series' Fall lyric reference right at the start of episode 2.

Very funny episode, I thought. I kind of felt it might be old ground from the title, but I think it brought new ideas. "Why can't they assimilate into our society, by entering a baking competition or something?" Laughing out loud

Every week is a master-class in comedy. I think, only two episodes in, that this is the best series yet.

The Quakers porridge angle was brilliant, loving it all.

Absolutely hilarious this week!

The Stewart Lee character goes from curmudgeonly strength to strength!

Quote: Woozie @ 11th March 2016, 9:31 PM GMT

Every week is a master-class in comedy. I think, only two episodes in, that this is the best series yet.

Loved the film at the end.

Stick it to the weaker religions, then use their shattered bones as a rope ladder to climb and urinate through the letter box of Heaven. That one's really jumped out of me on second viewing.

Sorry just can't buy into it. He so wants to be a Lenny Bruce or Bill Hicks it's painful

This could be one of the best episodes from any of the series. I belly laughed the whole way through, with the killer one being the Quaker/Porridge bit. It's almost a shame, because now next week's one had better be good!

This week, thought the cat/flag thing was a bit laboured, plus seemed like a conscious attempt to do something like the 'gaping anus of Christ' routine again.

I think he meant it to be laboured maybe, although the audience were not exactly lapping it up (cat pun intended!) Looks like the same people in the audience so I presume the same gig for all the episodes so far.

Loved the mashup bit at the end with the cat and riots, so so funny.

Good concept and structure this week, but definitely not as funny as the last 2. I wonder whether he claimed he had a pet called Karlheinz Stockhausen because of the composer's famous piece "Hymnen", an electronic/concrete work which features elements of many national anthems.

I know, I speak like someone who went to Oxford, but didn't always pay attention.