Grimsby

I watched this film yesterday at the cinema. I thoroughly enjoyed this film, I would rate this film a 9/10 it was very funny.

I may go and see it in the next couple of weeks George. I am now the proud possessor of a Cineworld Unlimited Card and as such, can save on my heating costs by sitting in the cinema all day.

The poster for Grimsby puts me off a bit though; I don't really appreciate the aesthetics of a nylon undergarment.

I thought it was very funny. I would recommend to you Blue Nun and anyone else too.

Very much looking forward to watching this movie. SBC rarely disappoints.

Quote: george roper @ 28th February 2016, 7:43 PM GMT

I thought it was very funny. I would recommend to you Blue Nun and anyone else too.

I saw it on Monday and it was truly dreadful - to be honest, one of the worst films I've ever seen. I'm not easily shocked and fully admit to being a lifelong reader of Viz, but some scenes were utterly revolting. The Gourniad's review was spot on.

Does anyone know when this film is out on DVD?

Quote: george roper @ 10th April 2016, 10:38 PM BST

Does anyone know when this film is out on DVD?

https://www.comedy.co.uk/film/grimsby/shop/4782/grimsby/

I'm from Grimsby, the film actually makes the place look a damn sight better than it really is.

I still shudder at the thought of that film. I saw it on the 'Superscreen' at the Greenwich O2 Cineworld too.

Just saw this, it was average at best with 2 or 3 memorable scenes, the bukake elephant scene being the most. I thought it was lazy writing and no where near the calibre of Borat or Bruno even, It is better than The Dictator though I do admit. Sacha Baron Cohens NOBBY was funny for the better part of 20 mins but just becomes predictable and irritating, Mark Strong stole the show which I wasn't expecting, his interaction with NOBBY is quite funny when they meet for the first time in 27 years. Few English comedians popped up as Nobby's pals, Johnny Vegas, Ricky Tomlinson was great! Oh and John Thomson had some funny lines, there are probably more I haven't mentioned. It's worth a watch but for me I hoped for something better, 3/5 Pizza slices

Quite enjoyed this.

Not his best, but certainly got a few low-brow belly laughs out of it. You could do worse than getting this on DVD.

Quote: HeadJam @ 26th May 2016, 3:08 PM BST

Just saw this, it was average at best with 2 or 3 memorable scenes, the bukake elephant scene being the most. I thought it was lazy writing and no where near the calibre of Borat or Bruno even, It is better than The Dictator though I do admit. Sacha Baron Cohens NOBBY was funny for the better part of 20 mins but just becomes predictable and irritating, Mark Strong stole the show which I wasn't expecting, his interaction with NOBBY is quite funny when they meet for the first time in 27 years. Few English comedians popped up as Nobby's pals, Johnny Vegas, Ricky Tomlinson was great! Oh and John Thomson had some funny lines, there are probably more I haven't mentioned. It's worth a watch but for me I hoped for something better, 3/5 Pizza slices

That buttake scene was foul and I write as a longtime subscriber to Viz Magazine. Yuck!

You're right though, lazy writing throughout.

Watched it for about 10 minutes. Turned it off. Saved myself a lot of pain.