Most despicable sitcom character? Page 2

Hodges in Dad's Army. Sometimes Fraser. Does Hitler count?

Some great shouts in there! Basily Fawlty - how could I forget him! Laura from him & her literally has no redeeming qualities about her what so ever. Her dad is also a disgrace. In fact that show may contain the most dislikeable characters in one show - weird that I still like it!

Sgt. Major "Shut Up" Williams in IAHHM...but he's dead funny.

Everyone in Peep Show (just to make it clear, I love Peep Show).

Eddy and Patsy from Ab Fab are horrible beyond belief.

The same could be said about the fellows on the left.

Quote: Woozie @ 24th February 2016, 3:13 AM GMT

Eddy and Patsy from Ab Fab are horrible beyond belief.

The same could be said about the fellows on the left.

The Labour Party?

Quote: Sarc @ 24th February 2016, 10:24 AM GMT

The Labour Party?

This. And Wolfie Smith.

Hannah from Siblings.

Alan B'Stard.

Rimmer from Red Dwarf, Finchy from The Office, Albert Steptoe.

I really despise any character that is overly cynical. God my first girlfriend used to force me to watch those wretched House DVDs and I hated every moment of it.

I really cannot understand why people would find cynicism entertaining.

Quote: NeilMeyer @ 5th March 2016, 8:36 PM GMT

God my first girlfriend

God was your first girlfriend? Angelic

I agree with all of the suggestions so far on this thread, although I'm with Zooo regarding Larry David - it's not *his* fault all of those nasty things happen to him (well, most of the time anyway ...)

I'll raise you ... Bishop Len Brennan from Father Ted and of course, Father Fintan Stack.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 6th March 2016, 12:56 PM GMT

I'll raise you ... Bishop Len Brennan from Father Ted...

"And Crilly, if you ever try to bullshit me like that again, I will rip off your arms" Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 6th March 2016, 1:12 PM GMT

"And Crilly, if you ever try to bullshit me like that again, I will rip off your arms" Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Just pure evil.

I was watching the trailers prior to seeing 'The Love Punch' on DVD yesterday and noticed that Bishop Brennan had starred in an Irish film as (guess what?) a priest/bishop/man of God etc.

The appeal of Basil Fawlty is that he isn't totally gross. Obviously he isn't the first person you'd share cake with, but there's always that twinge of sympathy for his frustrated ego... What makes Python's Mr Creosote so memorable is that he never becomes sympathetic. Like when the waiter says, I hope Sir was not overdoing it last night... Lesser comedians would've made him a little more bearable - Yeah, all right, maybe - instead, it's SHHHUUUUUURRRRRRTT UP. Awesome.

Quote: NeilMeyer @ 5th March 2016, 8:36 PM GMT

I really cannot understand why people would find cynicism entertaining.

Tell that to Jack Dee.

No doubt, a tough call between Jill Tyrell and Laura from Him and Her.

I disagree about Larry David in CYE. He's no angel, but he's usually right. Not always, but usually.