Paul Daniels

Shame to hear about his illness
One of the great old school entertainers

Oh blimey, I've just read about it: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35621313 He was always on the television back in the 80s. The thing that really sticks out is the Louis Theroux interview, especially the swan ballet scenes.

Great magician and entertainer who got a lot of stick he didn't deserve, I wish him well.

Was the star of the funniest Shooting Stars ep that I saw, didn't watch all of of them though. Another hard working pro from oop north, liked the cut of his jib and Wish him well.

But what did the lovely Debbie McGee see in the millionaire Paul Daniels?

Get well soon Paul. I tried for your Odd One Out but didn't get to appear on the show.

I met him a number of years ago. Really nice man. Great entertainer. Will be a huge loss.

Quote: Aaron @ 20th February 2016, 10:20 PM GMT

I met him a number of years ago. Really nice man. Great entertainer. Will be a huge loss.

Nothing like being positive.

Regarding the lovely Debbie - I am convinced that she is a twin, and not unusual for a magician's assistant to be so of course.

There was a trick they performed on a TV OB where there was a hot air balloon tethered at about 100ft above the ground and she appeared in it after having climbed into a wicker basket on the ground and then disappearing, only to instantly appear in the balloon basket way above Paul's head.

There is absolutely no way that could have been done without the twin already ensconced in the hot air balloon basket.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st February 2016, 9:59 AM GMT

Regarding the lovely Debbie - I am convinced that she is a twin, and not unusual for a magician's assistant to be so of course.

There was a trick they performed on a TV OB where there was a hot air balloon tethered at about 100ft above the ground and she appeared in it after having climbed into a wicker basket on the ground and then disappearing, only to instantly appear in the balloon basket way above Paul's head.

There is absolutely no way that could have been done without the twin already ensconced in the hot air balloon basket.

Could she have got her twin to go on Mrs Merton for her?

It'll be a sad loss, but I think Aaron might be biased with Daniels' right wing views?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 21st February 2016, 11:02 AM GMT

It'll be a sad loss, but I think Aaron might be biased with Daniels' right wing views?

I have no idea what his views are, and that's in astoundingly poor form on a thread like this.

Quote: Chappers @ 20th February 2016, 8:21 PM GMT

I should wait until her husband is dead before speaking ill of her as it will be more effective then.

+++++

I met Paul Daniels in the 1980's at the height of his fame at a trade show. He came and had a coffee with our team and he was very charming and spent quite a long time chatting with us non-famous types.

He was a genuine bloke I felt, very sharp, witty and interesting, certainly he was a great entertainer too.

Good luck to him in making the most of whatever time he has left.

Well that's an eye opener. >_<

As comedy fans I'm sure you all remember the Mrs Merton interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj-9lSEBBm0

Quote: Chappers @ 21st February 2016, 6:43 PM GMT

As comedy fans I'm sure you all remember the Mrs Merton interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj-9lSEBBm0

Yes, and the worse thing she ever did - boring cheap laughs. Didn't watch it after the first one.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st February 2016, 7:05 PM GMT

Yes, and the worse thing she ever did - boring cheap laughs. Didn't watch it after the first one.

Wasn't Dave Gorman one of her scriptwriters?

On the subject of Mr Daniels, Popbitch has been very complementary about him and apparently he's incredibly well-regarded in the world of showbiz.