Are You Being Served? 2016 special Page 3

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 28th August 2016, 6:29 PM

I'll be tuning in, if only to see if the intervening years have been kind to Mrs Slocombe's pussy.

Well it is only 3 years since we last saw Grace Bros.!

Seems ironic a quintessential British department store sitcom opens its doors again on the day a quintessential British department store closes its doors for the last time.

Oh dear, oh dear...

I once witnessed a burning orphanage and laughed more than this, in fact this was more of a travesty.

Blimey, the Grainger bloke does really sound exactly like the original. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.
The women and Humphries are just crap imo.

It's available to watch on Iplayer for 30 days, I smashed up all my laptops, dropped my TVs out of the window and gone to live under a bridge, I'm still petrified it will find me.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 28th August 2016, 9:19 PM

Blimey, the Grainger bloke does really sound exactly like the original. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

That's Roy Barraclough, Ada in Cissy and Ada, and Alec Gilroy in Coronation Street.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 28th August 2016, 9:19 PM

Couldn't disagree more strongly. Sherrie Hewson as Mrs Slocombe, in particular, was a fantastic performance.

I agree with you, Aaron. I also rather enjoyed it surprisingly, I thought the script was good and the cast all appeared to fill the roles well from the original series. Jason Watkins as Mr Humphries was hilarious too.

Not sure whether I'd like to see more but as a one-off, it was a good half hour of television.

Well I thoroughly enjoyed it. More of a replica than a remake with all the cast doing spot on takes on the originals, Captain Peacock being the star for me. I liked the touch of having the picture of Young Mr Grace on the office wall. All but one, I believe, of the original cast are now passed on, it's a bit of nostalgia and who cares if it's not PC, comedy isn't supposed to be surely by its very nature.

As a tribute to the original, it worked (also a nice touch referring to "Mr Lucas, who used to work here"). Wouldn't want to see it as a series though.

But certainly more watchable than the Porridge episode that followed it.

I think when they said pussy they kind of meant....something else! Hehe lol lol rofl rofl

I thought it was fun!
Frankly, I refuse to believe any of you didn't laugh at the intimate lady wipes. Or the deck covered in seamen, while we're at it.