Grim Tales

I can't find a thread for this beauty so I'm starting one. It was the lovely Rik Mayall reading fairy tales in his, um, inimitable style. A kids' show but it made me laugh like a berk... Every time a great comic dies, people go, 'Oh no, he was what got me into comedy in the first place.' How many Epiphanies can you have in one lifetime? Only difference is, in Rik's case it's true for me. Kevin Turvey and 'The Young Ones', so awesome. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvauDltf3Jc

I loved these. Rik Mayall was highly influential in becoming who I am today and when I was little, I was "too young" for Bottom or The Young Ones (but I ended up sneaking the vids out of my brothers room) so I had Drop Dead Fred and Grim Tales available to get my Mayall fix.

Rik also did 'George's Marvellous Medicine' for Jackanory. Cool. Rik must be the most difficult guy to imitate, though Phil Cool did a good job once. Yes, I am old.

I still remember him telling the last line of The Fisherman and His Wife: "Go back to your pigsty."

A message about wanting too much.