The Sitcom Mission 2016 Page 3

Quote: Harri @ 16th March 2016, 9:37 PM GMT

will the winner be filmed this year as well? and can we view last year's winner?

AARRHHGG! I didn't see that my posts got uploaded! sorry!

No worries! I hope I answered your question!

i also just want to check for the gold option we can upload our script anytime this saturday? it doesn't have to be by a specific time?

Quote: Harri @ 17th March 2016, 10:39 PM GMT

i also just want to check for the gold option we can upload our script anytime this saturday? it doesn't have to be by a specific time?

Hi Harri

Yes, we'll be switching Gold off on Sunday.

Cheers, Declan

out of curiosity how many golds were there this year? and how many last year?

Hi, just another daft question: When you state "scripts must be 15 minutes in length," can I assume you mean 15 minutes in readthrough time? (Including the person reading the scene action.)

I wrote a sitcom a few years back about four pensioners; neighbours. It was deemed that it couldn't go anywhere. Boomers comes to mind

Harri: 6 last year, 7 this year.

Mikey: Yes, 15 minutes including scene direction.

Bushbaby: If you have an idea, be pretty sure that six other people have it as well.

Hi, I took out the silver bullet option on the 21st March. How long does the feedback normally take?

Quote: Rusty Barker @ 4th April 2016, 7:13 AM BST

Hi, I took out the silver bullet option on the 21st March. How long does the feedback normally take?

Hi Rusty

The feedback should be with you within two weeks of uploading your script and making the payment. Yours has been sent out this morning, apologies for the delay.

Hi Declan,

I took the gold option and am still awaiting my feedback as well.

Thanks

Hi all

Apologies for the slight delay in some of the feedback going out. The flu took care of me so I haven't been able to read and didn't want to until I was well.

But hopefully it's worth the wait, we received this email yesterday from one satisfied customer:

"I really appreciate your feedback. It's all bang on. I'm going to re-work it and send it back looking much prettier."

Cheers, Declan

Thank you Declan, like last year my feedback was spot on too. My script I know needs a lot of work, but do you receive many scripts good enough for the final first draft?

Quote: Rusty Barker @ 4th April 2016, 5:50 PM BST

Thank you Declan, like last year my feedback was spot on too. My script I know needs a lot of work, but do you receive many scripts good enough for the final first draft?

Great question, Rusty.

After doing this in different formats since 2007, we know that where we add most value is in the script development work we do. It's also our USP - we're not aware of any other scriptwriting competition in the UK that will develop and edit the scripts to the extent that we will before the final.

So the writers that are chosen for the long list are picked for their comic voice and vision and ability to create brilliant characters and stories. Last year's finalists talk about their experiences here: https://www.comedy.co.uk/sitcom_mission/previous_years/

I think they all agree that their scripts improved through the feedback/rewrite process, and every script can be improved.

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Declan

Got my first bit of feedback, I should know better by now and focus on the plot!

Two questions:
1) when do I get my second feedback for my first draft?
2) shall I send the second draft by replying to the email?

would it be weird at this point to change the name of my sitcom even if I already sent the first draft?