British Comedy Guide

Newsjack 2016 Page 31

Newsjack. Angela Barnes. Copyright: BBC / Matt Stronge.

Newsjack

Topical satirical sketch show on Radio 4 Extra. The programme has an 'open door' policy allowing anyone to submit material

GoWithIt

• Tuesday 27th September 2016, 3:45pm
  • United Kingdom
  • 122 posts

Hehe, they could be utter rubbish though! I'm desperate to get a sketch on instead of a oneliner this series!

J x

V Riddoch

• Wednesday 28th September 2016, 10:05am
  • Bromley, England
  • 135 posts

I have two tickets for tonight's recording. Please PM me if you'd like them.

GoWithIt

• Thursday 29th September 2016, 10:36am
  • United Kingdom
  • 122 posts

Did anyone manage to get to the recording and could tell us some of the content?

5 oclock is so far away!

J x

Nogget

• Thursday 29th September 2016, 5:43pm
  • England
  • 6,584 posts

I've had a bad one.

StephenM

• Thursday 29th September 2016, 5:57pm
  • London, England
  • 813 posts

I've got the 'glass half-full' one too. Encouraging but you can't help but wish for that little bit more!

Anyone got better / similar news?

Exe Chris

• Thursday 29th September 2016, 10:46pm
  • Exeter, England
  • 32 posts

Nothing here. I even put a sketch and an advert in this week. Ah well...

Bellylaugh

• Friday 30th September 2016, 8:29am
  • United Kingdom
  • 19 posts

Nothing here either. Oh well. Next time...

Bonzo

• Friday 30th September 2016, 9:04am
  • London, England
  • 723 posts

We had a oneliner - in the first breaking news section - the Prince George joke. Well done to all who got the in or nearly in email. Good luck for next week - week 5 - where did the time go??? :)

GoWithIt

• Friday 30th September 2016, 11:26am
  • United Kingdom
  • 122 posts

Nothing this week, well done to everyone that git something on!

2 more chances this series! Argh!

J x

Nogget

• Friday 30th September 2016, 4:53pm
  • England
  • 6,584 posts
Quote: StephenM @ 29th September 2016, 5:57 PM

I've got the 'glass half-full' one too. Encouraging but you can't help but wish for that little bit more!

?

I'm never happy to get the bad e-mail, it makes me think I got no return on my 'investment' of submitting something which was almost good enough. If I hear nothing then I feel I've cut my losses by not giving them anything that good! At least I know it wasn't a sketch that got that far, because I didn't submit any.
I will next week though.

StephenM

• Saturday 1st October 2016, 12:04pm
  • London, England
  • 813 posts
Quote: Nogget @ 30th September 2016, 4:53 PM

I'm never happy to get the bad e-mail, it makes me think I got no return on my 'investment' of submitting something which was almost good enough. If I hear nothing then I feel I've cut my losses by not giving them anything that good! At least I know it wasn't a sketch that got that far, because I didn't submit any.
I will next week though.

Yes but it does get you noticed by the producers when they see your name popping up, even if it gets cut in the end. A few series ago the NJ producers said that getting in the script was just as important as getting a credit, that's what they looked at when inviting people in etc. Might not be the case now but it does get you noticed and means several people have read / heard your material.

Paul Wimsett

• Saturday 1st October 2016, 2:27pm
  • Folkestone, England
  • 2,540 posts

Sitcommissions does seem more helpful though, q.v. (That means "which see", by the way).

Nogget

• Monday 3rd October 2016, 12:06pm
  • England
  • 6,584 posts
Quote: StephenM @ 1st October 2016, 12:04 PM

Yes but it does get you noticed by the producers when they see your name popping up, even if it gets cut in the end. A few series ago the NJ producers said that getting in the script was just as important as getting a credit, that's what they looked at when inviting people in etc. Might not be the case now but it does get you noticed and means several people have read / heard your material.

Good points Stephen, you've encouraged me to actually submit some sketches this week, so if we end up having to hear them it's all your fault.

GoWithIt

• Tuesday 4th October 2016, 11:17am
  • United Kingdom
  • 122 posts

Oneliners sent! Good luck to everyone submitting!
Only two more chances left this series, let's DO this!

J x

DuckingAround

• Tuesday 4th October 2016, 6:36pm
  • England
  • 56 posts

Sent off my one liners (3 Breaking News & 3 Viewsjacks) last night! Best of luck to all :D