Newsjack 2016 Page 13

Two sketches from me, both on the referendum - one about Nigel Farage's commitment issues and the other a parody of 'It's a Wonderful Life'. One liners going in now, and I'm off to the recording tomorrow so will report back with what they performed.

Good luck all!

One sketch sent in yesterday, I've forgotten what it's about, not a good sign, and 2 oneliners just sent in - weird music on dark side of the moon, and brand Beckham.

Quote: David S @ 23rd February 2016, 11:25 AM GMT

weird music on dark side of the moon

Every time I looked at that story my brain repeated, "Not pun that pun. Not that pun. Not that pun." I hope (and assume) you didn't go for THAT pun.

oneliners in - good luck everyone! :)

One liners in. I too added to the influx of EU jokes.

Quote: Yacob Wingnut @ 23rd February 2016, 11:33 AM GMT

Every time I looked at that story my brain repeated, "Not pun that pun. Not that pun. Not that pun." I hope (and assume) you didn't go for THAT pun.

Darn, why didn't I think of that... I went for one they haven't heard of. Scuppered either way.

Well, my four Pink Floyd related oneliners are in (my fifth oneliner was on the EU. My sixth was on 40000 people dying annually from air pollution).

I find it interesting that people wrote so much on the possibility of a Brexit. I know it's the main story but I couldn't think of much funny stuff to say about it.

One liners in too :) Well, three breaking news at least. I ran out of time for three 'Viewsjacks'... I seem to have a real problem with working right up to the deadlines. Errr

Still, submitted at 11:53 today, a whole two minutes better than yesterday.

My oneliners were on the Worlds oldest dress being discovered, 3D body parts being printed and London Fashion Week.

Quote: Yacob Wingnut @ 23rd February 2016, 12:06 PM GMT

Well, my four Pink Floyd related oneliners are in (my fifth oneliner was on the EU. My sixth was on 40000 people dying annually from air pollution).

I find it interesting that people wrote so much on the possibility of a Brexit. I know it's the main story but I couldn't think of much funny stuff to say about it.

The issue isn't funny, the ridiculousness of the people involved is.

True.

I find it interestng that people wrote so much on the possibility of a Brexit. I know it's the main story but I couldn't think of much funny stuff to say about it.

After two hours of thinking about it the only 'line' I could come up with was:

18 year old voter: The EU? Ewwww.

That was it. You'll all be glad to know that I did not sent that in.

Quote: Bluemeany @ 23rd February 2016, 12:21 PM GMT

You'll all be glad to know that I did not sent that in.

I'm actually OK with other people sending in appalling stuff :).

I think I went the same route as you with the EU - Looking at the letters and trying to work out if there was some kind of pun I do could with them. The alternative to that would be to do some research and to give a damn about the news in general (which would be ridiculous).

Good luck everyone!

I just avoided the EU completely. Which coincidentally, is where my views lie on the subject itself.

Fingers crossed everyone! One of us will get something in, I'm sure of it!

J x

I always seem to find things that go a little under the radar. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. Anyway, topics covered include pickpockets at Disneyland Paris, Queensferry crossing towers and Nestlé

My sixth was on 40000 people dying annually from air pollution.

Comedy gold...

Dan