Peter Kay retrospective Page 3

Funny ha ha or funny peculiar?

Quote: G180e @ 30th April 2020, 5:23 PM

Makes me wonder if the BBC will try and stretch a fifth series out of this. Out of interest, does anyone know the ratings for Comedy Shuffle? Are they high, are millions watching repackaged clips of Kay?

And yes, I am one of them who watches but am I alone?

It does alright, yeah. At the end of this series the figures were down a bit, but I think in general it has rated higher than average for something in its slot. You can see them here.

Anyone remember the Peter Kay appearance on the final Parkinson show?
Came on with all the party stuff ... funny hats ... and whatever.
Didn't really work in my opinion.

Yes ... Peter Kay did bring us Paddy McGuinness.
Seeing him storm off the Morning Show when he never got enough air time was priceless.
Paddy has a paddy on Live TV. Lovely

Quote: Joe Oakes @ 25th April 2020, 3:24 AM

Wait, what?

He's always been considered one of the most hated for; stealing, reusing old material, being a nostalgia hack, and most damningly inflicting Paddy f**king McGuinness onto the population.

Sorry .... Should have added this before my last post.

So it's coming back for a three part series dedicated to Kay's stand up. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Series 1,2,3 & 4 of Comedy Shuffle feature Kay's stand up material heavily?

Not as heavily as his television appearances, but it certainly wasn't excluded.

He is a genius but it's a bit of money for old rope though, easy money on the royalties for stuff already made, be better if it was newer and funnier stuff.

It's one of the best kept secrets though, why he disappeared before a sold out tour.
He has only been seen on TV once since then - at a private showing of the final episode of Car Share in Blackpool.