Stella - Series 5

I watched Ep1 last week, it drew together a number of themes, but was a bit meh. I note that a number of the regulars don't seem to be appearing in S5, it seems to be a theme of this ensemble piece.

I'll watch it again tonight though, for Tony Gardner's dodgy accent if nothing else.

I always enjoy it. Don't often laugh much, but the stories are entertaining and the characters are interesting.

It wasn't too bad last night, fairly amusing, but no literal LOL moments. It was nice to see Andy Fairweather-Lowe perform in the pub and I'd very much like to see Shakin' Stevens popping up in Pontyberry very soon

Yay!! I read in the Radio Times earlier that Ruth Madoc's making an appearance in this week's episode as the Mayor of Pontyberry (who expires during a committee meeting apparently ...)

Well you've spoiled that surprise for me now! *shakes fist*

Quote: Aaron @ 23rd January 2016, 6:20 PM GMT

Well you've spoiled that surprise for me now! *shakes fist*

...but it was already in the public eye (or indeed the RT readers' view since last Tuesday.)

Huh!!! Pirate

Like I read listings magazines. Pah!

Could someone please tell the millions of people that love this series that no-one likes comedy drama?
Get with the programme, general public!

Watched Series 5 Ep 9 last night. Laugh out loud especially Bobby's face pulling. Love this show but think Stella and Rob should be together. Please !!!!!

So, next week's the soapy wedding finale; here's hoping that Ruth Jones is going to authorise Angry Anderson's 'Suddenly' to be played in the church, as indeed it was during Ness' wedding to Dave Coaches in G&S. I am still expecting her to drive off with Rob in his Mercedes-Benz though.

Apparently S6 may be deferred for a bit, which is a wise move I think.

This always seems to be done, so quickly.

Has a 6th series been commissioned? I hope so, but this didn't really leave any loose ends, other than the surprise Nadine ending.

I missed Steve Speirs this series. Hopefully he'll return for the next one.

Quote: Andicus @ 19th March 2016, 4:59 AM GMT

This always seems to be done, so quickly.

Has a 6th series been commissioned? I hope so, but this didn't really leave any loose ends, other than the surprise Nadine ending.

I missed Steve Speirs this series. Hopefully he'll return for the next one.

I think that Ms Jones et al are going for a two-year break to 'pursue other projects'. I agree about Steve 'Big Al' Spiers as I've admired him since he portrayed 'The Dullard' in S1 of Extras

Steve Spiers carried on writing Series 5 so I think there's a good chance his character could return to screen.

There'll be a Christmas special at the end of the year, then - as Blue Nun says - a Series 6 is expected to follow in another year or so.

Yes, I saw the writing credit and was surprised not to have noticed he had written other episodes.

Good to hear there will be a Christmas special. I imagine that'll cut out the whole of Stella's pregnancy.

The Extras bit was the first time I recall having seen Steve. He was perfect in that role.