British Comedy Guide v2.0 Page 2

Front page looks very nice in my opinion.
Next modernize this forum. :)

I like the new look and agree with a previous poster that it looks 'less 90s'. I know that this has been raised before, but a mobile friendly site would be great for us phone tappers?

Any chance of getting rid of Alf then?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 12th January 2016, 8:34 AM GMT

Any chance of getting rid of Alf then?

Nooooo - I like Alf, but wasn't he more 80s LWT than 90s? I sometimes worry that my two cats may get caught and eaten by a passing alien, but still put them out at night.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 12th January 2016, 8:36 AM GMT

Nooooo - I like Alf, but wasn't he more 80s LWT than 90s? I sometimes worry that my two cats may get caught and eaten by a passing alien, but still put them out at night.

What worries me is the number of predatory birds that seem to be escaping of late such as an eagle owl recently. :(

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 11th January 2016, 12:52 PM GMT

Proxy server isn't working at the moment.

Obviously doesn't work on the library's stupid Internet Explorer.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 12th January 2016, 8:27 AM GMT

I like the new look and agree with a previous poster that it looks 'less 90s'. I know that this has been raised before, but a mobile friendly site would be great for us phone tappers?

The new site is fully designed with mobile in mind. If you're having problems with specific pages, do let us know.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 12th January 2016, 10:23 AM GMT

What worries me is the number of predatory birds that seem to be escaping of late such as an eagle owl recently. :(

Oh blimey! It's just as well that I no longer breed Guinea Pigs, although to be fair, I haven't done so since about 1992.

I am a traditionalist, It's going to take some getting used to. Why have you lost the Union flag?

The forums are the best I have ever been on in terms of ease of use and ease on the eye, I hope new ones when we get them are as good Huh?

That said, The very best of luck to Aaron and Mark as I can understand why it needs to modernise to appeal to a wider audience, attract advertisers and some probable technical issues with old computery thingies.

Quote: Will Cam @ 12th January 2016, 10:14 PM GMT

I am a traditionalist, It's going to take some getting used to. Why have you lost the Union flag?

It'll be popping up in places and at times still, but we can't use it as our main icon for two reasons: 1) it's the UK flag, and we only have the resources to cover British comedy (and even then, only in English); and 2) as the flag, we own no copyright over it, nor any claim to its use, so anyone could (have) adopt(ed) it and imitated us. Our fresh new logo is our own copyright and property.

Didn't realise a site could be so complicated. :S But I see your point (I think)

I like all the colours. It's like a box of Smarties.

Quote: Aaron @ 12th January 2016, 2:40 PM GMT

The new site is fully designed with mobile in mind. If you're having problems with specific pages, do let us know.

Ooh thanks Aaron, I'm still using the old site at the moment, but will check out v2.0.very soon.

To quote 1066 and All That "we look forward to their last work".

The only thing I'm currently missing / can't find on the new site is the preview of new shows (TV / radio) starting in the next weeks and months: https://www.comedy.co.uk/guide/coming_up/

That aside, this is a fab and very sensible facelift, both compact and mobile-friendly. Congratuwelldone!