Charlie Brooker's 2015 Wipe

Just watched it and up to a good standard again EXCEPT for yet again Philomena C**t and Whatever Shithead, who both were given more air-time = WHY!?!?! They are both crap and a waste of space. More Brooker please!

I thought it was very funny. Great targets throughout. Lots of laughs.

I thought it was spot on throughout and I quite like the Philomena Cunk skits.

I thought it very funny. Although I did have to mute the sound and block most of my vision with the remote control when the bit on Game of Thrones 5 (which I still haven't seen) came on.

Quote: Woozie @ 1st January 2016, 12:07 AM GMT

I quite like the Philomena Cunk skits.

Oh dear, never mind - what a load of bollocks. Bring back Doug Stanhope!!

Watching this is definitely on my list of New Years Resolutions.

Thought it was strong, although inevitably some of it had been covered before earlier in 2015 on his other shows. I liked the talking heads segments, I think they work well, but Moments Of Wonder should be retired, it's exhasuted its one joke quite a while ago.

Quote: gappy @ 1st January 2016, 12:34 PM GMT

I liked the talking heads segments, I think they work well

>_<

Excellent. I think this is the show with the most references to pigs that I've seen.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 31st December 2015, 9:13 PM GMT

Just watched it and up to a good standard again EXCEPT for yet again Philomena C**t and Whatever Shithead, who both were given more air-time = WHY!?!?! They are both crap and a waste of space. More Brooker please!

They're are always my favourite part. I'm quite happy to do without Limmy, Stanhope and the other guy who does show in 90 seconds.

There are so many shows ruined by 'talking (dick)heads' sections featuring idiots with no business being on television. I saw a bit of a show counting down the best films of the 1980s (although it seemed to be limited to popular American films of the 80s, apparently no other countries made any films for the whole decade).

They interview people directly involved in the films, fine. They interview film critics and other film makers, fine. They also interview Joe Swash and some nobody who presents nothing on the nothing channel. Not even the family of Joe Swash should care if he thinks Risky Business is the best film of all time.

That's who Philomina Cunk and Barry Shitpeas are, very well observed parodies of the nomark 'celebrities' who've never heard of the word dignity who give their stupid ill-informed opinions about things they have no connection with.

Entirely agree with you regarding the non-entity waste of space that is Squash, but not the so called talking head pair of wasters.

It is a cheap routine that I have seen done much better on other programmes and far better than these two twats.

And also cannot agree with regards Doug Stanhope - I thought his insights were brilliant. It could be said that it is a generation thing (me being an old fart) but my son feels exactly the same way.

Just watched this tonight and it felt a bit 'political' (BBC left wing bias) and serious which was alluded to in the script. It also felt a bit predictable although that may have been the nature of the show.

I actually found myself more interested in trying to identify the music used and then trying to buy a copy of 'Assault on Precinct 13' on Amazon.