A Gert Lush Christmas

Anyone catch this on Boxing Day? Felt like a mix of Gavin and Stacey + Hebburn.

I liked it. Not perfect but a lot better than expected and had me wanting more - whether it's a series or just specials at Christmases, or Easters. A fun cast and likeable without being over the top, though they got close to OTT at points Laughing out loud

(Wasn't sure whether this would be Sitcom or Comedy Drama, but felt it was more the former considering the humour, so put it here).

Because it very much looked like a Gavin And Stacy crossed with Hebburn type affair, I made sure to avoid it.

Russell Howard proved to be a very good actor in my opinion.

Yes - it was quite good but almost a completed story.

Quote: Chappers @ 28th December 2015, 2:55 PM GMT

Yes and in mine, they must have been to drama school or be from an acting family, him and his sister, both naturals on screen.

Missed the ending but I thought it was one of the funniest comedies of the whole year, that I saw anyway. Much much funnier than G&S, some genuinely funny lines and visuals. Plotline a bit unbelievable, you'd have to be mentally insane to fancy anything else with a bit of crumpet like that.

He didn't fancy anyone else though did he?

Quote: Chappers @ 28th December 2015, 2:55 PM GMT

So that's why he's on television, 'cos a comedian he ain't.

I thought it was awful. Never been a fan of Russel Howard but thought I'd give this a half a chance given the positive build up.

Hello by the way.

We watched in stoney silence, mesmerised by how awful this was.

I don't mind bad taste but Worzel H Gummidge this was just vulgar, it was like someone had watched The Inbetweeners2 and thought it was too tame.

Have we been broken by the lewdness of Mrs Brown so now all we crave is one filthy comment after another? Do we not have the capacity to follow a plot for more than six seconds so all we get is tiny scenarios where person A shouts at person B?

If Gervais had made this the paint would have been peeling off the walls of every comedy forum in the land.

Utter shite from top to bottom and I can only wish a terrible cold for everyone involved.

Especially Neil Morrissey who has genuine comic timing.

Proper shit.

It's being repeated tonight, just in case you'd forgotten how shit it is.

God's teeth that was appalling :O

And uncannily similar to Christmas with the in-laws in Cornwall Errr

Well I enjoyed it. I liked the characters and I'd be more than happy to see a series.

Does this show prove that the BBC allows writers to produce shows without interferons or does it show that they are all over programmes now demanding 'more of that'?

It was all over the show, characters, plot, dialogue, reveal and 'redemption' all very blah blah blah. Yes I'm getting married, now I'm not, yes I am again because my mum drove to London and brought the girl back, explaining everything and making her love me again.

I imagine.

Booooo! I shouted. Booooooooooo!

As a Bristolian, it was painful.

Quote: Woozie @ 28th December 2015, 12:48 PM GMT

Because it very much looked like a Gavin And Stacy crossed with Hebburn type affair, I made sure to avoid it.

I didn't realise it was going to be like that so I gave it a go, made it about 20 minutes in before I couldn't tolerate any more.