Disabled Toilet Page 2

The only real problem with this sketch is that as others have pointed out, the IT Crowd beat you to it and did it extremely well

(there's also these linked scenes in Curb Your Enthusiasm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPzjbXgaVOk on the subject of disabled toilets)

Quote: enigmatic @ 17th December 2015, 8:20 PM GMT

The only real problem with this sketch is that as others have pointed out, the IT Crowd beat you to it and did it extremely well

(there's also these linked scenes in Curb Your Enthusiasm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPzjbXgaVOk on the subject of disabled toilets)

Thanks, and yeah you're right! Quite annoying ha! The only positive I guess is that their execution of it and my execution of it isn't miles away so at least I am coming up with some decent ideas but yes pretty gutting! Thanks for checking it out!

Uploaded my other episode (the dog dying one) to reddit and just got this:

"I don't get it. The plot is - your coworker tells you his old dog died, you console him, and some asshat makes fun of you both? Was that supposed to be funny or dramatic?
Other problems: The acting is horrible, the lighting is horrible. Time to give up."

At least you guys are a bit more constructive haha!

I suspect those were the words of someone who f**ks their dog and is working through their guilt, over said illegal act of dogophilia.

You probably prevented a murder/suicide pact with said unfortunate hound.

mn that's a really good episode. But the thing is your stuff looks great, beautifully acted, sounds good, looks good, economic with timing and language.

And that's quite enough praise.

You're licking the crust of the creme brulee you're not smashing it with a spoon to get to the under layer of creamy, deeper comedy and character.

I'd suggest you write the next script and post that rather than a video. The 3 videos of yours I've seen have been good, but there's no surprise or character or the stuff that you need to go all the way.

I remember watching these episodes a year or 2 ago when you posted a whole sit com episode, and really enjoyed it. I think, though, that with the exception of the man on the train monologue, they don't quite work as sketches, they don't feel self-contained enough, whereas in the full show they built incrementally rather well.

God knows I appreciate why you're not planning on filming another full episode, esp considering your production values and attention to details, it must take forever, but I agree with Sooty, that you could keep these characters and this vibe but write some slightly more punchy/focussed shorts.

Hi guys,

Thanks both for the comments - really appreciate them. Yeah the idea was to use what we have and edit it and try and turn it into a web series. We'd hoped people would quite enjoy it and that would give us the impetus to then film 6 brand new shorts for a second series. Overall the feedback hasn't been too critical but we know you guys are right that it probably doesn't feel like a genuine web series. I've penned some rough outlines for 6 new episodes that will be around 5-7 minutes in length and will hopefully be more befitting of a proper web series.

Thanks both for checking out the episode(s) and the comments you've given to me. Have a good Christmas guys!