We're Doomed! Page 2

I enjoyed it
a pleasant watch with some decent performances
Although recognizing Lowe as John Sessions did scare me for a sec
Oh he's quite good, hang on Bloody hell it's that windbag!

I liked it. The casting choices were good.

Although when it ended I thought 'is that it?'. I think I was expecting another half hour or so. From this it looks like once series 1 was underway, nothing of any interest happened for the rest of the 9 year run. It could have done with a part 2.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 23rd December 2015, 12:12 PM GMT

Fine with me, always time to salivate over Sarah Alexander Lovey

I still remember those 'naked practice' sketches on Armstrong & Miller's old C4 show.

I also felt it could have done with another 30 minutes or so, but it was a very well put together piece, with some good performances/impressions.

Yeah I liked it as well, veered to being a bit of a drama over nothing on the Perry noncasting but without that they wouldn't have had much other than the Arthur Lowe line fumbling. There wasn't more than an hour's material there really. If C4 had done it it would've been much darker, all about Perry's homosexuality and Beck's drinking and whatever other crap they'd dig up.

I've just watched it and surprisingly for what it was - a docu-drama about a sitcom - I quite enjoyed it.

I only realised it was Shane Ritchie when they showed the end credits.

Quote: Chappers @ 27th December 2015, 9:10 PM GMT

I only realised it was Shane Ritchie when they showed the end credits.

Not being a fan of his - ooo, I knew it was him. >_<

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 26th December 2015, 9:41 PM GMT

If C4 had done it it would've been much darker, all about Perry's homosexuality...

Is he gay?

His wife Gilda was shown in the "Were Doomed" Dads Army drama.

And his wife's sister (Diane Holland) played the part of the dancing instructor in Hi De Hi.

So where did the gay story come from ?

May need to take Kipper's post with a pinch of salt?

They did make him very camp and loads of Gay people got married then as a means of denial. Elton John for one.

Not sure if Ritter was anything like Perry but it was an enjoyable performance, even if his wig should have got separate billing. Sessions was uncanny as Lowe, and Riach and Bishop decent as Laurie and Beck. Slightly disturbing that Cochrane whom I recall as a dashing young pilot is now old enough to make a convincing Ridley. Sands and Heap were nothing like Le Measurer and Dunn. Hudd was of course brilliant as Flanagan. Overall quite a fun little film.

Only just got around to watching this and did really enjoy it.

I have been through a phase of reading autobiographies of people from the time which may have helped. I did enjoy that they didn't show everyone in the best light. Otherwise it could have been a bit bland. No need for a hatchet job but there were obviously a few tensions and they didn't show Jimmy Perry in the best light.

I was quite surprised to discover he and Paul Fox were still alive.