Alexei Sayle Sketch, early-mid 90s

Howdy.

I have a vague memory of a brilliant sketch. Alexei is walking along, ranting to camera [I assume I could have skipped that bit] about the mind, and memory. He is concerned that if his mind becomes full, and someone may proffer a useless piece of trivia, it would force out something useful, such as how to talk, or walk.

He is then [natch] proffered two such pieces, and promptly starts to talk gibberish and walk in a less gainly manner.

Where did I see this, please? I can't find it on the episodes of his All New Show that appear on YouTube.

It's probably from the slightly earlier (and at the time, much better) Alexei Sayle's Stuff.

There's already a thread: https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/18165/

Yes that was in Stuff

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 2nd December 2015, 10:44 AM GMT

Yes that was in Stuff

Steve knows his Stuff.

Yes, I recall a similar series of sketches. There was the one where he is in a record shop ranting about Brothers in Arms by Dire Straits, it being "nice", which he says is only a suitable description for a biscuit...then he pinches a copy. The other great I recall is Alexei walking down the backstreets of Liverpool discussing genetics and how it is not what kills your father that you should worry about, but what kills your grandfather. He then adds that he should be okay because his granddad was killed by a gang of marauding Cossacks. You can guess what happens next!

Quote: Jamesey1967 @ 5th December 2015, 10:03 AM GMT

The other great I recall is Alexei walking down the backstreets of Liverpool discussing genetics and how it is not what kills your father that you should worry about, but what kills your grandfather. He then adds that he should be okay because his granddad was killed by a gang of marauding Cossacks. You can guess what happens next!

Laughing out loud

This thread prompted me to check out some old Alexei stuff. I had forgotten how clever and funny most of his stuff was.

Quote: Will Cam @ 5th December 2015, 7:33 PM GMT

This thread prompted me to check out some old Alexei stuff. I had forgotten how clever and funny most of his stuff was.

I think that it was Renwick and Marshall's positive influence as well as a talented cast (Angus Deayton/Felicity Montague et al.)

Alexei flying solo isn't half as funny. I tried reading his autobiography. I also reckon Aaron hates him.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 5th December 2015, 10:43 PM GMT

I think that it was Renwick and Marshall's positive influence as well as a talented cast (Angus Deayton/Felicity Montague et al.)

Alexei flying solo isn't half as funny. I tried reading his autobiography. I also reckon Aaron hates him.

The Cak! album is essential.