Peep Show - Series 9

I just learned that the first episode of the final series of Peep Show will actually premiere on 4oD at 22.00 tonight.

I have never seen Peep Show on TV. I've always waited for the DVD release.

Why?

Just watched it now - hilarious as always. Pleased

Quote: shaggy292 @ 9th November 2015, 9:42 PM GMT

Why?

It just became a sort of tradition, I suppose.

Great start to the series. More quotable lines and laugh out loud moments than the entire last series. Series 1 to 6 were perfection, 7 was good but really disappointed with the last series so I'm so glad this series has started so well.
Eugh... toilet toast.

I thought it was a great start too. I think it's the right decision to end it after this series but I'm glad it's (so far) going out on a high.

Tim Key was good. The Johnson was mentioned, hope he makes an appearance at some point.

One of the great, smart comedies of the last ten years, but like many ageing comedies, you could just tell that it lost its magical touch.

Dave Mitchell looked a bit worn out!

Still some funny lines "ugh, toilet toast".

Will we see Soph/Jeff and Mark's kid?

Certainly they're older and tireder but the sitcom has sought grown with their aging tragedies.

It was still, funny, dark marvelously performed and skillfully written.

Yeh it ain't quite what it was in its glory days, but in its twilight days it's still better than pretty much anything else.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 12th November 2015, 3:34 PM GMT

Tim Key was good. The Johnson was mentioned, hope he makes an appearance at some point.

The Johnson was in it

Quote: sootyj @ 12th November 2015, 4:19 PM GMT

It was still, funny, dark marvelously performed and skillfully written.

Yeh it ain't quite what it was in its glory days, but in its twilight days it's still better than pretty much anything else.

Can't disagree with that.

It is bitter-sweet. Great to have them back, but sad that it's the last adventures of the El Dude brothers.

It was its usual brilliant self, and SuperHans telling the boys to take a look at themselves was the highlight of my day.
Well done to Bain & Armstrong for keeping up that level of brilliant unique British comedy awkwardness for so long.

I will watch them all again, in order, after this series has finished & will relish every cringe.

Solid start and way better than Series 8, which was a real let down. Good having Superhans and Johnson back. Never a huge fan of Dobby, my least fave of the females. Give me Sophie, Big Suze and Nancy any day.
And best of all Toast of London is back at 10.30 on Wednesdays, so a double whammy of the two best Britcoms of the last 10 years back to back.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 13th November 2015, 1:53 AM GMT

It is bitter-sweet. Great to have them back, but sad that it's the last adventures of the El Dude brothers.

It was its usual brilliant self, and SuperHans telling the boys to take a look at themselves was the highlight of my day.
Well done to Bain & Armstrong for keeping up that level of brilliant unique British comedy awkwardness for so long.

I will watch them all again, in order, after this series has finished & will relish every cringe.

This.

Loads of laughter and I especially liked Super Hans throwing Jez out over the coke.