Steptoe and Son Murder At Oil Drum Lane

I never saw this play, as at the time I was only ten, but for those that saw it, is it any good? I am really intrigued, because as I understand it it serves as a finale to the series and gives closure to the characters. I wonder then why it wasn't filmed for DVD? Is it due to be reproduced at any point does anyone know?

Did Harold finally crack and batter the old bastard to death?

I went to see it. Afraid I don't remember much of the plot now, but I do recall that I thoroughly enjoyed!

Do you often see plays, Sitcomfan? It was a play, not a film so it's unsurprising that it just stayed that way.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 1st November 2015, 6:16 PM GMT

Do you often see plays, Sitcomfan? It was a play, not a film so it's unsurprising that it just stayed that way.

No need to be quite so condescending. I was just interested as it's the conclusion to the Steptoe story, so having been unable to see the play it would have been nice if they'd filmed the play for DVD.

Quite. A fair number of productions are filmed, although not always for public release. It's a perfectly legitimate question to ask, and one I wish I could answer in the affirmative.

Thanks. I suppose if the play isn't being reproduced anywhere, is the script at least avaliable to read?

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 1st November 2015, 7:21 PM GMT

Thanks. I suppose if the play isn't being reproduced anywhere, is the script at least avaliable to read?

Not that I'm aware of, no.

It is available to amateur productions, however. Maybe you could contact this organisation and make enquiries?

http://www.classiccomedyscripts.co.uk/1.html

Hm. I doubt they would just send it out to be freely read, I would imagine the precise reason they exist is so that the scripts are paid for each time they are used. Ah well, maybe one day another production will tour.

Not that many plays are filmed, Sitcomfan. Sorry you can't handle the truth.