Oldrocker Page 5

Quote: Aaron @ 31st October 2015, 11:24 PM GMT

Sad to say that Dave died of liver failure.

Funeral plans etc are TBC. I intend to attend if at all possible, and will update the thread as soon as I have any further details.

Thanks Aaron!

Quote: keewik @ 31st October 2015, 11:27 PM GMT

Thanks for letting us know. If you get the chance, I'm sure you'll let them know how much we'll miss him.

Absolutely

Quote: Aaron @ 31st October 2015, 11:24 PM GMT

Sad to say that Dave died of liver failure.

Funeral plans etc are TBC. I intend to attend if at all possible, and will update the thread as soon as I have any further details.

If you're able to speak to any of his family, please let them know that he was loved on this side of the pond. I'm very happy to have had the chance to meet him last year. He is missed.

Quote: L.E. @ 1st November 2015, 12:08 AM GMT

Thanks Aaron!

That.

The thought of this is still making me sad. This may sound silly but it's as if this site has gone a lot quieter than it was before. Even before Aaron's announcement the pure absence of Oldrocker's posts altered the usual feel of this site and I was hoping for his return.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 1st November 2015, 7:31 AM GMT

That.

The thought of this is still making me sad. This may sound silly but it's as if this site has gone a lot quieter than it was before. Even before Aaron's announcement the pure absence of Oldrocker's posts altered the usual feel of this site and I was hoping for his return.

Yes. Never met him in person but feel I have lost another friend, and being older than him and losing other younger friends recently, it makes you think very deeply. :(

Keep on rockin up there OR you'll be missed down here for sure. So long.

Quote: zooo @ 31st October 2015, 9:17 AM GMT

I always looked forward to the cute pictures he posted on the cats thread!

Sadly, all the photos he's posted seem to have disappeared now. I guess they were on his server.

Funeral details:

Monday 23rd November 2015 at Beckminster Methodist Church, Birches Barn Road, Penn Fields, Wolverhampton WV3 7BQ, service commencing @ 12.30.

Followed by a Committal Service at Gornal Wood Crematorium, Chase Road, Gornal Wood, Dudley DY3 2RL commencing @ 13.30.

Details of the "Wake" to follow.

Dave's express wishes are that proceedings should be "light hearted" so casual dress & def. NO BLACK TIES please!

I'm hoping to go if I can. Anyone else?

"Dave's express wishes are that proceedings should be "light hearted" so casual dress & def. NO BLACK TIES please!"

Yes, that's our Oldrocker! :)

Hi, I'm Dave's daughter.

I hope you don't mind, I just wanted to say that it is quite nice to see how well respected my dad was here. So, thank you all. Also, I thought I might mention that he didn't die of liver failure; he died from liver disease + pneumonia.

If any of you do attend the funeral/wake then it will be nice to meet you.

Thanks again.

Hello littlerocker, nice to meet you!

Not living in GB I won't attend the funeral, obviously, but nevertheless this November 23 will be a special day to me. Maybe I will put on a Status Quo record or something like that to commemorate Dave.

Quote: littlerocker @ 6th November 2015, 9:28 PM GMT

Hi, I'm Dave's daughter.

I hope you don't mind, I just wanted to say that it is quite nice to see how well respected my dad was here. So, thank you all. Also, I thought I might mention that he didn't die of liver failure; he died from liver disease + pneumonia.

Thanks again.

My condolences LR, our thoughts are with you an your family.

Hi littlerocker

Your Dad and I were old rockers on this board and he will be much missed.

My thoughts are with you and your family. God bless.

Quote: littlerocker @ 6th November 2015, 9:28 PM GMT

Hi, I'm Dave's daughter.

Thanks again.

Hey LittleRocker,

Another member and I will be having a drink for Dave tonight. Apologies but can't make the funeral but so lovely you were able to see the messages on here for him.

L.E

Really sorry to hear the news. I'll see some of you this afternoon and we can toast his memory. Rock on Dave, rock on...