Catastrophe - Series 2

OK, I'll start. I watched it with Mr TBN (whom I have an eight-year-old with) and we agreed that the parenthood thing was pretty true to life. Ditto the arguments with in-laws, the monotony of nappy changing and even pesky pets, but hey - this is a *comedy*? I mean I like it with a subversive edge, but hey?

I love its honesty. Like there is no pulled punches. It's almost surreal at times but in a way that's fresh and interesting.

I love comedy with truth so this was lots of fun. It's what I loved the most about The Office.

The toilet scene was a little too graphic. I did like the mumupmumship though and Sharon being dumped by a female friends was pretty poignant.

Great stuff. Completely missed the first series, but this is one of the best new British sitcoms in a while. Horgan is essentially updating Pulling, but that's no bad thing.

This doesn't seem to be setting the BCG alight, which is a shame as it's a great show. And nice to see the gobby actress from Misfits in work again.

I thought we would see her again when they got home, but we didn't. :(

I still think this show will put thousands of people off having babies. Good thing too, with all the over population.

I'm not sure we need to follow the other American guy, I don't know if they're trying to create a Friends style 6 character lead? The best thing about the show is Rob and Sharon.

I don't mind following her slightly scary brother though.

Or is he her brother? Chris, anyway.

Fergal is her brother. You can tell because of his Irish accent.

Chris, with the Scottish accent, is the estranged and now rather bicurious husband of her old friend, Fran.

Ah. I remembered he had 'an' accent so I assumed he was Irish.

I like the duo of Chris and Fran.

Quote: chipolata @ 21st November 2015, 10:54 AM GMT

And nice to see the gobby actress from Misfits in work again.

Yes, I was literally wondering when/if she'd work again about 10 minutes before I watched the episode...spooky!

Watched and enjoyed all of the first series.

Am 2 eps into the second. Thought ep. 2 (Sharon falling out with her friend, Rob's new French colleague etc) was really good.

But how come they have 2 kids now, not just one? Are we to assume we've skipped forward 3 years?

Seems a bit odd.

It was set up in episode one that we'd jumped forward a bit, yes.