Have I Got News For You - Series 50

Series 50! My how the time flies when you are enjoying yourself, and tonight hosted by none other than Jeremy Clarkson. :O

I'm very looking forward to it.

I always wait for the extended version on Monday.

Wouldn't be surprised if Clarkson punched Richard Osman in the face after the show.

I've deliberately avoided the last two series as I was getting tired of it; however, it was on sparkling form tonight. Ian Hislop's still a sanctimonious git though at times.

Now I like Ian Hislop and have thoroughly enjoyed his occasional documentaries, although the one that is on at the moment I haven't found to be an interesting subject.
Loved the time he got up Piers Morgan's nose some time back on HIGNFY and pleased to hear that Jeremy Clarkson once punched the obnoxious shit.

Maybe Hislop's a better presenter then he is a panelist? He just seems to get up my nose somewhat, as he does my Mother's. I do believe that he's a stunch Tory and a personal friend of Ann Widdecombe.

As for Piers Morgan, well, I read a couple of his published diaries and yes, he does come across as a bit of a twat. He did note the antagonism between himself and Hislop though and apparently it came to blows during a book signing.

Ian Hislop a dyed in the wool Tory!? I think not, and as for Morgan, well words cannot express the contempt I feel for the snivelling sneering creep. OK, there's some words there, ;) but not strong enough.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 3rd October 2015, 10:52 AM BST

Ian Hislop a dyed in the wool Tory!? I think not, and as for Morgan, well words cannot express the contempt I feel for the snivelling sneering creep. OK, there's some words there, ;) but not strong enough.

I'm pretty sure that he is. As for Piers Morgan, he's married (for the second time) to a journalist who's the daughter of a Conservative MP from Thatcher's tenure.

Back to HIGNFY, Richard Osman was good, wasn't he?

Hislop seems to detest all political parties and most politicians

Who he actually votes for his probably a secret

His background would suggest Tory

Doesn't mean he is though

Quote: lofthouse @ 3rd October 2015, 2:01 PM BST

Who he actually votes for his probably a secret

His background would suggest Tory

Doesn't mean he is though

I reckon he follows Michael Foot as his nephew Paul used to work on Private Eye.

Quote: lofthouse @ 3rd October 2015, 2:01 PM BST

A man after my own heart.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 3rd October 2015, 11:31 AM BST

Back to HIGNFY, Richard Osman was good, wasn't he?

Yes, but his constant picking on Clarkson annoyed me a bit. Not that I want to defend Clarkson, he's a dick, that's true. But not every remark in that direction was funny or clever.

Clarkson was expecting an onslaught and I think he got off quite lightly considering, and gave as good as he got.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th October 2015, 10:43 AM BST

Clarkson was expecting an onslaught and I think he got off quite lightly considering, and gave as good as he got.

Absolutely. He'd even practised his facial reaction in the mirror.