Evening all.

Hello.

After a brief period of minor lurkage, I thought I'd take the plunge and introduce myself.
My name's Adrian, and I absolutely love distractions, or anything that diverts me away from doing what I am supposed to be do... Oh look, emoticons! Wave

Good afternoon. Welcome.

Hello there.

I sensed your period of minor lurkage, but didn't like to say.

Thank you Ms. BlueNun. I don't wish to be the bearer of bad news, but I fear that you may possibly be in need of a new watch? I double checked, and it is definitely evening.

Thank you too Flavian. I particularly appreciate your discretion where my condition is concerned. I'm currently undergoing a course of treatment that should sort it, but do still worry that it might flare up and develop in to full blown minor lurkage of period.

AdeO G'day and it is a good day as Fyfe won the Brownlow and with a broken leg as well, what a man.

Strumpet

Welcome AdeO - there's nothing like a good lurk. :)

G'day to you too Strumpet. I'm afraid I cannot comment on the remainder of your post, as I'm not that good with foreign languages.

Thank you Mr. Thynne. As they used to say in those 70's Public Information Films, 'Don't be a burke, enjoy a quick lurk!'

Quote: Strumpet @ 29th September 2015, 4:35 AM BST

AdeO G'day and it is a good day as Fyfe won the Brownlow and with a broken leg as well, what a man.

Strumpet

Quote: AdeO @ 29th September 2015, 7:59 PM BST

G'day to you too Strumpet. I'm afraid I cannot comment on the remainder of your post, as I'm not that good with foreign languages.

Welcome.
I think Strumpet is talking about the Brownlow Medal, which is a prize in the AFL ( Aussie Rules Football) I don't know what Fyfe did to win it though...kicked or threw the football more than the others I Suppose.

The Daly M which is the equivalent prize in NRL was won by Jonathon Thurston. Like Fyfe I think this means he kicked the ball more than the other players.

As you can tell .....I pay a great deal of attention to our Football codes.

Quote: reds @ 30th September 2015, 2:03 PM BST

Welcome.
I think Strumpet is talking about the Brownlow Medal, which is a prize in the AFL ( Aussie Rules Football) I don't know what Fyfe did to win it though...kicked or threw the football more than the others I Suppose.

The Daly M which is the equivalent prize in NRL was won by Jonathon Thurston. Like Fyfe I think this means he kicked the ball more than the other players.

As you can tell .....I pay a great deal of attention to our Football codes.

I cried when he won the medal, bit of a soppy cow sometimes.

Strumpet

Hello Reds and thank you for the welcome. I'm sorry, but all I'm getting from the conversation between Strumpet and yourself is, 'stewth, footy, bonza, drongo, footy, dagg, barbie, footy, footy, g'day mate?' My school only taught French, Spanish and Russian, and for some unexplained reason, completely ignored the Antipodean languages all together?

I did travel extensively around Australia - or Oz as I believe you natives call it - in my youth, but only managed to pick up a smattering of the language. I do recall that, depending on where you happened to be at the time, the word, 'footy' could actually refer to either football, rugby union, rugby league or something called, 'Aussie rules'. As I later discovered, rather than being a proud patriotic boast, 'Aussie rules' was in fact a strange hybrid of rugby union, basketball, volleyball and full-contact mixed martial arts.

This game was played by about forty-odd men, who aimlessly ran around a large field in their underwear. I can only assume that the lost property box couldn't cater for so many having simultaneously forgotten their kit? The field itself was oval, which would explain the poor placement of the ridiculously large corner posts, but didn't account for the complete lack of crossbars. I suspect that these had been stolen, after all, this was all taking place in Australia.

The man I live with is over 6 foot tall and when he was in the Eagles changing room before a game (no women allowed or it would have been me) he felt very small, one presumes he meant as in height however he wouldn't elaborate further.
The game you know as football is called soccer, usually played by ex pats.

Anyway I hope your time in Oz was enjoyable.
Also isn't it past your bed time?
Strumpet

I hail from the West Country where the balls aren't round. So soccer, as you put it, is somewhat of an anathema to me too.

Had the time of my life in Oz thanks. Not that I remember too much of it nowadays.
I've done all my chores today, so I'm allowed to stay up as long as I like.*

*As long as Mrs. AdeO doesn't think otherwise

Quote: AdeO @ 28th September 2015, 10:46 PM BST

Thank you Ms. BlueNun. I don't wish to be the bearer of bad news, but I fear that you may possibly be in need of a new watch? I double checked, and it is definitely evening.

Thank you too Flavian. I particularly appreciate your discretion where my condition is concerned. I'm currently undergoing a course of treatment that should sort it, but do still worry that it might flare up and develop in to full blown minor lurkage of period.

It's was afternoon when I posted. Sorry, you're a newbie, but I don't like you already.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 9th October 2015, 9:57 AM BST

It's was afternoon when I posted. Sorry, you're a newbie, but I don't like you already.

Not as much as I like Doug Wonnacott.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 9th October 2015, 10:07 AM BST

I'm sorry if I upset you, but I was only trying to offer a little friendly advice. That's the trouble with you nuns, always so quick to take umbrage at the slightest thing.

Sister Wendy was the same. I've still got the scars from the time I threatened to reveal that she was harbouring Radovan Karadži?. And don't get me started on Mother Teresa. I wasn't trying to muscle in on her territory at all; the South-side was all hers, and we all knew that. Didn't stop her taking out 12 of my best men though, did it? The ruthless bitch!

Anyway, it's now 13:17, so you at least you did manage to get it right on this occasion. I suspect that was more by luck than judgement though.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 9th October 2015, 10:07 AM BST

Not as much as I like Doug Wonnacott.

You have a thing for the CEO of Canexus, the low-cost and sustainable chemical operations company? Surely that goes against at least one of the vows you've taken?

Quote: AdeO @ 9th October 2015, 1:17 PM BST

I'm sorry if I upset you, but I was only trying to offer a little friendly advice. That's the trouble with you nuns, always so quick to take umbrage at the slightest thing.

Sister Wendy was the same. I've still got the scars from the time I threatened to reveal that she was harbouring Radovan Karadži?. And don't get me started on Mother Teresa. I wasn't trying to muscle in on her territory at all; the South-side was all hers, and we all knew that. Didn't stop her taking out 12 of my best men though, did it? The ruthless bitch!

Anyway, it's now 13:17, so you at least you did manage to get it right on this occasion. I suspect that was more by luck than judgement though.

You have a thing for the CEO of Canexus, the low-cost and sustainable chemical operations company? Surely that goes against at least one of the vows you've taken?

Unimpressed