Blackadder The Third Ideas Page 3

You're not listening to us, Woozie. Spec scripts are just fan fiction. Good writing exercise, little else. Sorry.

To be fair, it's not the only thing I'm working on. So if it ends up just being a fun excursion then I'm fine with that. I'd still like your input on the matter regardless.

Quote: Woozie @ 27th September 2015, 12:58 AM BST

Do you think these lines are too explicit for Flash?

FLASHHEART
Well now, there's a nice a bit of wood. I know a lot about wood what with the size of the trunk I carry around. There are more than a dozen girls out there still picking splinters out of their teeth.

I think Flash's lines are cleverer than this: "Give your wife something to hang her towels on" "give orgasms to the furniture just by sitting on it" "always treat your kite like you treat your woman"...

Every single one of them is imaginative in its own way around the theme.

Try again. I love Lord Flash. He has to be one of my favourite sitcom creations ever.

I love Blackadder The Third

http://www.chortle.co.uk/correspondents/2012/10/15/16314/third_times_a_charm...

and Flashhart...

http://www.chortle.co.uk/correspondents/2011/06/10/13453/the_unforgettable_flashheart

What an interesting idea - if only there were more than six episodes of each series.
It's undoubtedly my favourite show of all time.
I love these synopses too. I'm almost tempted to think up some ideas for more episodes of Blackadder II.
It does feel a bit like a misdirection of energy though. Clearly they will never be filmed.
Why not create a new sitcom of your own instead and then adapt these scenarios for those?
I know it's just a bit of fun but it's so much more rewarding doing something where there's likely to be some positive outcome.
You clearly have the talent. All you'll ever be able to do with these is say "I wrote some extra episodes of Blackadder once" and to be honest, no one's going to be all that impressed by that.
Keep writing though!

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 1st October 2015, 9:16 AM BST

What an interesting idea - if only there were more than six episodes of each series.
It's undoubtedly my favourite show of all time.
I love these synopses too. I'm almost tempted to think up some ideas for more episodes of Blackadder II.
It does feel a bit like a misdirection of energy though. Clearly they will never be filmed.
Why not create a new sitcom of your own instead and then adapt these scenarios for those?
I know it's just a bit of fun but it's so much more rewarding doing something where there's likely to be some positive outcome.
You clearly have the talent. All you'll ever be able to do with these is say "I wrote some extra episodes of Blackadder once" and to be honest, no one's going to be all that impressed by that.
Keep writing though!

I should make it clear that I am not just writing this.

I currently have this spec script and an original sitcom that I'm developing. Plus a book and a collaboration is in the early stages for work on another book.

My portfolio consists entirely of original work plus the spec script for Red Dwarf, I just wanted to bolster that. I have no intention of having them filmed.

Thank you for the compliments, however, it's much appreciated.

Perhaps I was too harsh. You certainly have far more going on than me anyway! It sounds fun writing a Blackadder script. Enjoy it!