Blackadder The Third Ideas Page 2

Best piano fact I've heard tonight. Ace work.

Thank you, Flavian, that is very encouraging.

Thank you, Gappy, that's very interesting and I will certainly take that on board.

As a Rik Mayall worshipper I would love the opportunity to write a part he would of played but I knew the Mozart one was the more fleshed out idea. The astronomy one is probably only a strong point because of my knowledge on the subject.

As a fellow Rik Mayall worshipper I'd have loved that too Whistling nnocently But I agree, the Muse and Musicality plot sounds the most interesting to me! I'd probably read anything you wrote, though. Blackadder is amazing Pleased

The Mozart one is really strong. Agree with the bump on the head idea for Baldrick.

What about writing a short version of it and sending it to Curtis/Elton for use as a Red Nose show. You could have a grumpy Geldolf playing Mozart!

Quote: playfull @ 22nd September 2015, 4:28 PM BST

The Mozart one is really strong. Agree with the bump on the head idea for Baldrick.

What about writing a short version of it and sending it to Curtis/Elton for use as a Red Nose show. You could have a grumpy Geldolf playing Mozart!

Laughing out loud

I don't want to shoehorn him in but what if Mozart was Wolfgang Flashheart and the girl is Bob Parker?

I'm sure which ever you choose will be good - I liked your red dwarf script

My favourite is probably the mozart one and I like what Gappy said about hitting Baldrick on the head

I'm not sure about having Blackadder actually have to play bad though - it's funny but he doesn't tend to 'lose' that badly - it would probably be more in keeping with the character if he found a clever way out of it or exposed the fake mozart before he actually played

And another quick thought - you could have baldrick hitting his head a few times and switching between good and bad - like maybe the lid on the harpsichord keeps falling down or he bangs his head when he's under the piano / harpsichord

All great ideas. I shall begin work on a first draft for "Muse And Musicality".

Thank you all very much. It's been very encouraging.

Who reads spec scripts in this country? You can write one for fun and/or to improve your writing but I don't think you should write one with the intention of sending it to production companies.

If you HAVE TO want to write a spec script then do it for a show that's on right now (i.e. one you have an actual chance of writing for).

Maybe Not Going Out and Mrs Brown's Boys? Possibly Doctor Who?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 23rd September 2015, 3:42 PM BST

Maybe Not Going Out and Mrs Brown's Boys? Possibly Doctor Who?

I think I would struggle with Not Going Out immensely. That show was written from the perspective of a stand-up comedy veteran who is praised, and rightly so, for his brilliant one-liners and his gag-per-second reflexes.

I can't stand Mrs. Brown's Boys and I have never watched or taken an interest in Doctor Who.

Not Going Out is not very good

Also - of course it is a worthwhile task to have a 'portfolio' thing of work you can use to show people your stuff - there's no down side, worst case scenario it will improve your writing and your belief in your writing

Quote: Davey Jay @ 23rd September 2015, 7:52 PM BST

Also - of course it is a worthwhile task to have a 'portfolio' thing of work you can use to show people your stuff - there's no down side, worst case scenario it will improve your writing and your belief in your writing

This is my intended goal, yes.

Quote: Davey Jay @ 23rd September 2015, 7:52 PM BST

Not Going Out is not very good

The downside would be spending months on something that people in production companies may be unlikely to read.

Do you think these lines are too explicit for Flash?

FLASHHEART
Well now, there's a nice a bit of wood. I know a lot about wood what with the size of the trunk I carry around. There are more than a dozen girls out there still picking splinters out of their teeth.