Show What You Wrote - series 3 Page 9

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 1st December 2015, 5:18 PM GMT

Like I said, sorry. Reading these threads does tend to drag, not your fault. Welcome to the site, The Carr.

No worries. You caught me on a freakishly bad day. Not your fault either!

I just got the e-mail saying I got some stuff into another episode airing on the 15th. It's a John Thompson episode. I am not sure which topics he recorded though.

He definitely did Crime & Punishment and Body & Soul but C&P is on the 22nd. I presume The End will be at the end, so I'd guess Body & Soul is 15th.

Quote: JockieWrites @ 1st December 2015, 5:47 PM GMT

He definitely did Crime & Punishment and Body & Soul but C&P is on the 22nd. I presume The End will be at the end, so I'd guess Body & Soul is 15th.

Thats funny because the rewrites I was asked to do was for "The End" and "work and play"

Well done people who have something on!

did anyone get an e-mail about "the end" episode?

Quote: TheKingLobotomy @ 1st December 2015, 10:43 PM GMT

did anyone get an e-mail about "the end" episode?

I did. What did you want to know?

Quote: Tradepressed @ 2nd December 2015, 9:24 AM GMT

I did. What did you want to know?

I was just trying to figure out what I got recorded. I was asked to rewrite a sketch for 'work and play' and 'the end' but got an e-mail saying that I have something in 'work and play' and 'body and soul' episodes.

I haven't had a "you have been edited out e-mail though".

Just confused a little. I have no idea what they recorded for Body and soul.

Guess I'll have to wait and see.

Quote: Yacob Wingnut @ 1st December 2015, 7:03 PM GMT

Well done people who have something on!

Why, are there lots of nudists posting here?

Quote: TheKingLobotomy @ 2nd December 2015, 6:51 PM GMT

I was just trying to figure out what I got recorded. I was asked to rewrite a sketch for 'work and play' and 'the end' but got an e-mail saying that I have something in 'work and play' and 'body and soul' episodes.

I haven't had a "you have been edited out e-mail though".

Just confused a little. I have no idea what they recorded for Body and soul.

Guess I'll have to wait and see.

Well done. Not sure I can help, but the sketch I submitted was originally for Work & Play and it's been designated for The End instead. They've probably just swapped stuff around to play with your mind. YOUR mind. Not mine. Yours.

Yours.

Quote: Tradepressed @ 2nd December 2015, 10:59 PM GMT

They've probably just swapped stuff around to play with your mind. YOUR mind. Not mine. Yours.

Yours.

And indeed it will. Well, only for the next two weeks anyway.

I had the successful email about 'The End'...received it on Tuesday ????...

Well done to everyone whose got something in, looking forward to the 8th

Quote: The Carr @ 1st December 2015, 12:52 PM GMT

Nope. I used to be interested in something else a long time ago, but that more or less petered out.

I sincerely hope you find something else to interest you and you enjoy it, Carr.

The write-up in the Radio Times for the first episode says -
"Jason Manford and a collection of other comic actors work their way through a series of sketches written and submitted by members of the public. Far from tumbleweed blowing through the studio, the majority of the skits are mighty funny. This week's theme is work and play, which provides some superb observational comedy on office life: I particularky enjoyed the dog being disciplined for its disruptive behaviour and an evil mastermind's appearance at an emploment tribunal for blasting a henchman into space. Work life is definatley the richer mine for gags but there is a great sketch about a fisherman annoyed by a passer-by and his dog. The one thing I would have liked to have heard though is a list of names of the writers. They may not be well known, but credit where credit's due."
- Jane Anderson

Quote: Gollum Bond @ 7th December 2015, 6:56 PM GMT

The write-up in the Radio Times for the first episode says -
"The one thing I would have liked to have heard though is a list of names of the writers. They may not be well known, but credit where credit's due."
- Jane Anderson

Are they not even reading our names out at the end? Well, I hopethat's because they have crammed so many funny sketches in they don't have time.