Show What You Wrote - series 3 Page 10

Quote: Gollum Bond @ 7th December 2015, 6:56 PM GMT

The write-up in the Radio Times for the first episode says -
"Jason Manford and a collection of other comic actors work their way through a series of sketches written and submitted by members of the public. Far from tumbleweed blowing through the studio, the majority of the skits are mighty funny. This week's theme is work and play, which provides some superb observational comedy on office life: I particularky enjoyed the dog being disciplined for its disruptive behaviour and an evil mastermind's appearance at an emploment tribunal for blasting a henchman into space. Work life is definatley the richer mine for gags but there is a great sketch about a fisherman annoyed by a passer-by and his dog. The one thing I would have liked to have heard though is a list of names of the writers. They may not be well known, but credit where credit's due."
- Jane Anderson

Thanks for digging this out. Good to see such a positive review and, selfishly, because the Supervillain Employment Tribunal sketch is mine...

Presume the lack of writer credits is because they record a lot more than they can use to give more writers a chance, so hard to record credits on the night

But how do you know it's *your* Supervillain Employment Tribunal sketch? They must be ten a penny!

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ 8th December 2015, 12:19 PM GMT

But how do you know it's *your* Supervillain Employment Tribunal sketch? They must be ten a penny!

Dan

If mine turns out to be the 2nd one and no-one in the audience laughed, I may quit writing

What a great first show. That opening sketch really made me laugh.

Quote: The Producer @ 8th December 2015, 12:40 PM GMT

If mine turns out to be the 2nd one and no-one in the audience laughed, I may quit writing

Unlikely...

Very strong show, some outstanding sketches.

I don't know if the person who wrote the opening 'Challenge 25' sketch reads this site, but if you do: that was an absolutely bloomin' brilliant sketch. Perhaps one of my all-time favourites. Take a bow. Kudos to the performers for doing it justice as well. Loved it.

The BBC are using the sketch which I wrote in this "funny in four" thingy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03bh2xj

Not sure if that counts as a repeat or not.

Quote: TheKingLobotomy @ 10th December 2015, 11:09 AM GMT

either way that is a brilliant sketch.

I absolutely love that character based comedy, where both think they're being reasonable but one isn't.

It's pretty hard to write but you get it on the nail.

I'd say that's one of the best things I heard on the radio in ages,

which doesn't say that much as I don't have a radio.

Quote: TheKingLobotomy @ 10th December 2015, 11:09 AM GMT

Very good, I enjoyed it.

Quote: sootyj @ 10th December 2015, 11:47 AM GMT

either way that is a brilliant sketch.

I absolutely love that character based comedy, where both think they're being reasonable but one isn't.

It's pretty hard to write but you get it on the nail.

I'd say that's one of the best things I heard on the radio in ages,

which doesn't say that much as I don't have a radio.

Ha ha, thank you,that's very kind

Yes some very good sketches on there. Would echo what others have said about Challenge 25 and Naughty Fun and Super-villain tribunal deserve their wider recognition.

Hats off to those concerned.

Definitely a strong show.

Very good work getting on the Funny In Four clip!

Excellent show! And it's the BBC free comedy podcast of the week. :D

The father and daughter sketches on episode two were a brave choice. Very bleak endings. It was leaning towards 'Jam' territory there.

"Banter" sketches were also very funny as was the Fish and Chips sketch.

Well done.

Great show last night. I was trying to figure out how much material they actually used from the live recording but couldn't remember. The highwaymen sketches were very good. Well done to all the other writers!