Peter Serafinowicz show is online from Monday

BBC 2 are showing the Peter Serafinowicz Show online on www.myspace.com/bbc2comedy from Monday
and they are giving away tickets to a screening and Q and A session.

I think that Thursdays are going be a BBC 2 take over and love the online stuff as well.

How come the BBC say they're not doing TV channel type sketches (quite right) and then do this (which is supposed to be like that) and French and Saunders (which is parodying TV shows). They also say don't write flatshare sitcoms and then produce Not Going Out.

It seems there's one rule for new writers and another for established comedians.

Because anyone can write a show like that. They have to ask new writers for something different so that they can see who stands out. I mean, think how many flatshare sitcoms they must get in the average week. Whoever has to read them must have their soul destroyed on a regular basis.

Quote: Aaron @ September 30, 2007, 2:24 PM

Because anyone can write a show like that. They have to ask new writers for something different so that they can see who stands out. I mean, think how many flatshare sitcoms they must get in the average week. Whoever has to read them must have their soul destroyed on a regular basis.

I agree. But then does that mean once you've got their attention you can stop being creative and dole out another predictable format?

Bump. Part 1 of the online premiere is online now: http://creative.myspace.com/uk/bbc2comedy/bbc2popup.htm

I've just watched it, a couple of very good sketches, a couple of ok ones in my opinion.

What does everyone else think?

I just read that Graham Linehan is his brother in law.

My brother in law's only an electrician. :(

Laughing out loud

Tried watching this online but it didn't work however I did see the online exclusives on the BBC website. I think this series is going to be very good as they did a Cillit Bang spoof which I found entertaining rather than lazy and simple. looking good so far i'd say

Wont play for me either, just says something about not being available for people outside of UK. Which I didnt realise I was.

LOL

(As a licence fee payer (I hope!), you could and should complain!)