Alternative skit comp entry - "Love'

Young Village Maid seeks advice from Old Wise Woman.

FLORRIE: You know thee told me 'if I went to bed with a skylark under my pillow on the third Sunday before Candlemass, the first man I saw upon the morrow would be my one true love'?

OLD PEGGATTY: Aye?

FLORRIE: It didn't work...

OLD PEGGATTY: Are you sure it was a skylark you was using? Let me have a look at him...Ooh?

FLORRIE: You told me it was a skylark when I bought it off ee...

OLD PEGGATTY: ... Ah, yes, on close inspection, that is a skylark! Tricky to tell when they be all squishy. They be easily mistaken for a Meadow Pipit. 'A meadow pipit placed in the toe of your boot on the second early closing before Maunday Thursday, will cure Laundry Maids Limp'... Or was it cause it...? A Crested Grebe on the private parts on the first Eurolottery draw of Lent will cease the spread of a S.T.I...

FLORRIE: If someone's seen coming out of your premises with a grebe shaped lump on the gusset, there's little chance of them achieving congress... Which one is ' Candlemass' again?

OLD PEGGATTY: It's the mass with all the candles... unless the Verger hasn't paid the 'lecky bill again. So you followed all my advice in every particular?

FLORRIE : Aye!

OLD PEGGATTY: Placed the little fella under your pillow at home?

FLORRIE: Aye!

OLD PEGGATTY: Well, there's the problem, you're not gonna meet your one true love, waking up at home, next to your Husband .

Really like the inventive wise woman business, some lovely writing there. Punchline is a bit "Trad (Arr)", though.

I like the punchline alot, you get there very neatly and it wraps it all up nicely

Ah cheers thnxs . I did wonder about the ending too.

I think it works, in terms of sketch architecture (for want of a better pretentious phrase), but it doesn't make me laugh, like the rest of it does.