Who Do You Think You Are?

Doesn't seem to be a general thread on this series, of which the current one has been running for two weeks now.

First one Paul Hollywood - thought it would have been interesting but concentrated too much on his Grandfather and that was about it.

Second one Jane Seymour - didn't watch as cannot stand the woman.

So, so far not impressed, but tonight's is Derek Jacobi which sounds as though it might be quite interesting.

I keep meaning to write to them and suggest they have an ordinary mortal for once, I.e. me. I'm sure the world would love to know about my slave driving great, great, great, great grandfather and what my grandfather got up to in the 4 years in India away from the family. These celebrities could afford to pay for the research themselves. The rest of us can't. That will be one of my priorities when I win the Euromillions.

Just a crazy fun loving guy from the midwest USA.

We have the Australian version of this program, I was lucky to be invited to a pre screening of the Rodney Marsh episode, he gave a small talk after watching the show and then we all had nibbles and champers.

As I thought, the Derek Jacobi prog. was far more interesting and for me is what it should be about - him tracing his 6 times grandfather back to the 18th century and the Huguenots - fascinating!

I would like someone working class- say, Kerry Katona ! yes!

I thought, like Katie Price/Jordan et al, she was created in a laboratory and had no past?

Second one Jane Seymour - didn't watch as cannot stand the woman.

I did watch that one and found it very interesting - but she can't help coming across as... hmmmm 'precious'.

I saw her once at Manchester airport, she had very high heels on and was still very tiny - but perfectly formed. I fell a little in love that day.

Hmmmm. :|

Jerry Hall's was very good, especially as she (they) traced her 6 x Great Grandfather back to being a founding pioneer with Daniel Boone in the Wild West. Fascinating.

And this week's Gareth Malone was interesting to find that both his paternal and maternal ancestors were in the music hall business, which is something he hoped would come up.

This was my favourite episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c65QRaR16io

Mark Gatiss tonight - very interesting. :)

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 12th September 2015, 8:48 PM BST

This was my favourite episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c65QRaR16io

"Whore.....whore...........whore..."

Quote: lofthouse @ 8th October 2015, 10:26 PM BST

"Whore.....whore...........whore..."

Does that chat up line ever work?

Yes but it's expensive