Newsjack Series 13 Page 18

Mine was the Edward Snowden joining Twitter one :)

Good show last night - well done again to everyone who got something. LOVED the plastic bag sketch - really wish I'd thought of that angle. :)

Hi everyone.

New to the website and a late submitter to Newsjack. Managed to get a oneliner in the last show, and will probably chuck a few in for the next. The 007 skit was my personal fave in the last show.

Anything on the horizon after Newsjack?

Quote: David S @ 10th October 2015, 11:50 AM BST

Hi everyone.

New to the website and a late submitter to Newsjack. Managed to get a oneliner in the last show, and will probably chuck a few in for the next. The 007 skit was my personal fave in the last show.

Anything on the horizon after Newsjack?

Hi David - yes, check out The Show What You Wrote - it's non topical :)

Link for info

http://www.bbc.co.uk/writersroom/opportunities/theshowwhatyouwrote

Thanks Bonzo! I did spot that one, but running out of time - it's Monday Lunch. Shame they couldn't stagger the deadline so Newsjackers could give them all the love! :(

Just do as much as you can.

How does one go about claiming the money?
I only got one joke in episode one but still...

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 13th October 2015, 10:23 AM BST

Sounds like a teeny fraction of the money to me. Just have to keep contacting them, I'm afraid.

You should get paid 3 weeks after the end of Newsjack. Just make sure they have your details.

That's me done. 1 sketch, 3 news headlines and 1 viewjack. My viewjack was particularly weird. Do you ever have a joke that refuses to lie down and die? Had to send it off in the end just to be rid of it.

They should have told you a person to contact at the BBC to send your contact details to. Then they'll send you a contract to sign and the money can be transferred to you. (Usually they send out contract etc. once they get a chance to breathe at the end of the series).

And that's it, Newsjack all wrapped up for another 6 months. Well from a writers' point of view anyway!

That's it, then.

Does anyone have the number of a support group to help with the withdrawal?

Quote: Nogget @ 2nd October 2015, 10:40 AM BST

I've just had the invitation to the Writer's Room, which sounds like fun.

Hi Nogget - how did it go? :)

Hi Jane! The best part was being there in a room of funny, talented and interesting people. It was also nice to be on the inside, seeing how things were done...or not done, in the case of the washing up, or the vacuuming (the fluff on that rug must have been weeks old). There was some celebrity spotting, but Rob Brydon turned his head in a well-practised move which communicated "please don't talk to me." (Not that I'd planned to.)

I didn't get as much feedback from the producers as I might have hoped for, so I spent the afternoon basically winging it, and I have little idea whether what I wrote was what they wanted; but judging from what has already been said here, there's every chance they won't actually want to use it anyway, so I wasn't too bothered. In fact, it's hard to imagine how they find the time to make a show at all, what with everything that goes on on Mondays.

Nice one, Nogget. Sounds a really interesting day. Thanks for sharing.

Well it would appear I'm in this week, so at least that shows steady progress from last week's recorded but cut. Or that everyone else was too busy focusing on TSWYW so they had to use my stuff!

I know Steve Sunshine is also on the list but he's too busy writing topical comedy for other Radio 4 shows to post here!