Mountain Goats - Series 1

This isn't the worst sitcom in the world.

It's actually the second-worst, the worst being 'Big Top' which was also broadcast by the once-great BBC.

If 'Big Top' had never existed, I'd now be in deep shock that the BBC could broadcast the pile of cheap, shoddy, amateurishly-written and totally unfunny poo that 'Mountain Goats' most surely is.

However, given that 'Big Top' did exist, I have to say I was less shocked by the dreadfulness of 'Mountain Goats' that I was by the dreadfulness of 'Big Top'.

As a sitcom, 'Mountain Goats' is leagues ahead of 'Big Top' but it's still appallingly bad, a total waste of licence-payers' money and a slap in the face for all wannabe comedy-writers who have never in their lives written anything worth writing but who nevertheless could pull a better sitcom than this out of their ARSES.

After not caring too much for the pilot, I actually rather enjoyed the first episode of the series.

We've got a thread for this already, you just need to change the title?

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/30173/

Quote: Will Cam @ 15th August 2015, 4:20 PM BST

We've got a thread for this already, you just need to change the title?

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/30173/

That's related to the pilot, not the series. :)

Just to reiterate as I was clearly in the wrong thread when I posted this but...

I wanted to like it but I was left disappointed in the end. It was humourous at best but I'll give it another shot next week.

I thought the pilot was alright, when I initially heard a series was on the way I was quite happy about the idea but sadly after watching the first episode on Friday I was bitterly disappointed and I won't be tuning in for a second look. Pure Scottish rubbish!

I thought it was great. It was family friendly also (shame those geniuses at the Beeb scheduled it for a 10:35 broadcast time, like SunTrap and Father Figure). I'm looking forward for the rest. Doon Mackichan was very funny and Jimmy Chisholm shined as Jimmy Miller.

I caught an episode of this last night and was astonished to find myself enjoying it.

It was a really fun episode last night. Delightfully silly gags. I'm really enjoying the series - it's a refreshing change from much other comedy around at the moment.

Bill just about saves it.

I haven't seen it but I love the mountain goats in Lynton and Lynmouth.

They are mainly in Lynton actually.

http://lyntongoats.org.uk/ :S

I'm sticking with it. I agree that Bill is helping - great character. The pilot had a bit of a Father Ted feel to it in places and I think that's where this could be better. There needs to be an antagonist though.

I have just watched episode 5 which is the first I have seen and it is not for me. I usually watched quality drama at 10 but with Sons of Anarchy over I thought I would give it a try. How did this get commissioned? If BBC are short of ideas they should look over at Radio 4 who have just had a comedy on Friday mornings called Sisters with Susan Calman, Ashley Jenson and Nick Helm. Hilarious.

Also when are Penny Dreadfuls going to get their own show Humphrey Ker, David Reid and Thom Tuck are brilliant.

I really enjoyed the first series of Mountain Goats. Have not heard of a second series, anybody heard any different?