Studiounlocked.com and pete 1234

Call me a sceptic but I don't think this was a genuine approach but just a marketing campaign, so I'd be interested in finding out just how many of us received PM from pete 1234 about his new site?

Hi,

There will be a few people who have messages, all contributors to this site who I thought might be interested in our project. It's a trial site involving feedback on comedy projects. I'm trying to be quite targeted in who I contact, so I've messaged a few of the more active users here - I'm looking for people with constructive opinions on comedy.

As I say its a trial site and so we're not seeking any financial gain, just thought there might be some people on here who would be interested.

Any question please PM me, I hope no one was offended by the approach.

Hi

I'm in the inner circle, amused to be referred to as constructive.

I'll have a look at what's on offer.

Best of luck

I am constantly contacted by "people" saying very generic things like "I saw your last post on ..." or "I wanted to contact you directly because ..." and they are almost always just some big marketing company trying to get me to visit a website or like a post to manipulate figures for CEO's, you know, like you get on facebook everyday "Like this if you think Child cruelty is wrong!" then you trace it and it heads back to some online shop and some marketing guy who has only put it up so people will like it and he can say "Look" I created 25,000 more Likes for your site!!!" knowing not one of them had even ever heard of "Harrys Hair Replacments1", I even have one that contacts me on a freelance site I work on asking me for my Skype address to offer me direct work, when clearly its just some data collector trying to get my details for some database!
So when I received this I was understandably cynical, however Pete actually seems like a genuine guy and this might be quite interesting so I may have jumped the gun here!
Alternatively, Pete could just be a very good marketing guy!!!!! lol :-)

As this is a comedy forum I feel it important to post a joke here then you can all critic it think this might have been off topic otherwise,

Heres the joke! tell me what you think?

Why did the CEO employ a marketing company to promote his company online?

Cos he was a 60 year old idiot who didn't understand the internet himself!!!!

your views????

I got the call but the link was a dud.

Oops, the link should be www.studiounlocked.com - I left a comma on the end.

Definitive proof that I am not a good marketing guy.