Not Safe For Work Page 3

Quote: zooo @ 16th August 2015, 9:24 PM BST

I think I read that it didn't have huge viewing figures. :( But it did get great reviews, so... who knows.

Really hope they give it a chance and a series 2.

I reckon that it wasn't marketed correctly and wasn't it shunted around the schedules a bit on a Tuesday night? I can't tell such things as I always TiVo all commercial stations.

Yes please to S2. They could expand the remit of the unit much more and link it into the real-life redundancies which are currently looming in the civil service Eh?

Yeah, I think they did shunt it around a bit. The eejits.
And possibly made it out to be more comedy than comedy drama, which might have wrongfooted some viewers a bit.

Pretty sure you're making the shunting up! Tuesdays at 10 are the only time I remember watching it live (apart from the times I watched it on plus 1 of course!).

And I thought the relationship between Jeffries and...erm, the other one, was blatantly obvious, to the extent that I had thought there had been an explicit confirmation in the dialogue at least one episode before I started seeing people referring to being surprised by 'the revelation'!

I could have sworn they'd moved it around. But I'm quite possibly completely wrong about that!

I finished it, but I wasn't really convinced - too much of the premise didn't stand up to scrutiny. There were good scenes, but it didn't really feel as though it had a solid centre, either one of logic or one of tone.

Performances were all good, can't fault the actors, and there were good lines, but overall I don't think it warrants a 2nd series.

Quote: zooo @ 16th August 2015, 10:46 PM BST

I could have sworn they'd moved it around. But I'm quite possibly completely wrong about that!

I thought so too, although I have no concrete evidence.

Second series, second series (Alan Partridge style.)

Four episodes in, I just don't like it, I'm afraid. It doesn't work as a comedy for me, and I can't enjoy it as a drama because I don't care about any of these vapid people.