11th Annual NYTVFl: Call For Comedy Pilots!

The Independent Pilot Competition (IPC) is the NYTVF's flagship, annual initiative, accepting independently-produced, original television pilots and series, short films, and short-form web series from around the globe. If your project is episodic in nature and is meant to be consumed in multiple chapters over time, then it's TV.

IPC submissions should be between 4 and 60 minutes in length, and all genres are welcome (Comedy, Unscripted/Doc, Drama, Family, Animation, etc). If submitting an unscripted/docu-series pilot, sizzle reels and/or character tapes are recommended. Official Selections in the IPC have the exclusive opportunity to screen in competition at the annual New York Television Festival, held in NYC. IPC Official Selections are also eligible for the competition's category and individual achievement awards as well as guaranteed development deals from Festival Development Partners.

Awards:
Official Selections of the 2015 IPC will be eligible for:
· Category awards including Comedy, Drama/Dramedy, Unscripted, and Short-Form Web Series
· Individual achievement awards including Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Writing, and Best Director
· Festival Development Awards, including a comedy deal with Comedy Central
· Officially Selected Artists are invited to participate in the 11th Annual festival in October
Deadlines:
Regular Deadline: Monday, June 15th (Submit by June 15th and receive a 50% discount on entry)
Final Deadline: Monday, June 29th

To submit: http://nytvf.com/2015_ipc.html

What happens to pilots after they win? If you're still here...

Quote: NYTVF Intern @ 15th June 2015, 5:53 PM BST

Regular Deadline: Monday, June 15th (Submit by June 15th and receive a 50% discount on entry)
Final Deadline: Monday, June 29th

To submit: http://nytvf.com/2015_ipc.html

So you tell us after the early deadline has passed?

And discount? You mean we pay? Does that mean you're some evil scamming bastard trying to suck money out of people's dreams?

$100?

One hundred dollars?!

That's nearly a fiver!

Could you lend me a fiver then?

Any competition that demands an entry fee is a scam.

And show me a writing or a film-making competition in which all (or even most) of the entries are actually read or watched and I'll show you a competition you've very clearly imagined in a dream.