Instrumental song in The Café? Penguin Cafe?

In the first series of The Cafe, there is this instrumental guitar song in the second or third episode. I think it is the episode Richard meets Ava. Does anyone know what it is?

It sounds a little bit like the Penguin Cafe Orchestra, but less new agey.

I don't have the DVDs or access to the shows online so I can't find out which one it was specifically. Aside from the easily-identified title song and Richard singing that Pretenders song from the 90s, there isn't a lot of music in this show.

You could try emailing the Production Company. The Guide here should tell you who it is.

Or tweeting them - seems to be the rage. The show probably has its own Twitter account. (Or FB.)

Or there's the IMDB message section on the page for the show. You often see these type of questions. But you've probably thought of/tried that already.

Thanks for the help. Tried looking at IMDB but didn't find anything.
I'm going to have to look into twittering them.

I think I've heard it before and forgotten, like the time I rediscovered The Shadows' Atlantis on George Gently and ended up listening to and reading about boatloads of Northern Soul which comprises most of the music in that show. Eventually the answer bubbled out of my subconscious while playing with YouTube.

Btw, I really liked the laconic laughtracklessness of The Cafe. Too bad it was not a success. Weston Super Mare seems kind of like Portland but without the shrillness and over-the-top wierdness. It was also strange to see so much outdoor scenery, so nicely presented: situation comedy tends to be visually drab.

Quote: Floridiot @ 14th June 2015, 12:52 PM BST

Thanks for the help. Tried looking at IMDB but didn't find anything.
I'm going to have to look into twittering them.

I think I've heard it before and forgotten, like the time I rediscovered The Shadows' Atlantis on George Gently and ended up listening to and reading about boatloads of Northern Soul which comprises most of the music in that show. Eventually the answer bubbled out of my subconscious while playing with YouTube.

Btw, I really liked the laconic laughtracklessness of The Cafe. Too bad it was not a success. Weston Super Mare seems kind of like Portland but without the shrillness and over-the-top wierdness. It was also strange to see so much outdoor scenery, so nicely presented: situation comedy tends to be visually drab.

I think I only caught a few minutes of the show and didn't really give it enough of a chance. Probably because I already had a full viewing schedule at the time.

Glancing at the main thread here for Series 2, looks like it won a few fans in the US.

btw highly unlikely you'll find the name of the track you're searching for in the end credits of the episode. Unlike movies, TV shows over here usually only credit the theme song for the show (if at all), or the overall composer (if there is one).