Skit Comp 14 - 21.5.15 Page 2

If anyone wants to suggest ways to improve, promote or add anything to the skit comp, they're more than welcome.

Oh I see Gappy, well that makes sense :)

Quote: Courthousecomedylab @ 23rd May 2015, 10:36 AM BST

don't let me win again because it will turn into a total dog's breakfast.

I assume you don't work in advertising.

Quote: gappy @ 26th May 2015, 8:41 AM BST

so, rather than saying entrants can't vote, I'd suggest that entrants ought to vote, because otherwise no bugger else will!

Absolutely.

Quote: gappy @ 26th May 2015, 8:41 AM BST

. I'd happily say a lot more about all the entires, but when this topic came up before I was quoted, "Please try to only post your entry/vote and no other posts", so I try to keep the debrief to a minimum, whhilst still justifying my choices in a sentence or two.

Yes again. Comments are great - this is Critique, after all - but if they're in before the closing date it can get a bit confusing. I'm all for healthy feedback but it's best to post it afterwards, alongside your winner.

Quote: bushbaby @ 25th May 2015, 7:46 PM BST

I just wonder why no one ever acknowledges my entries. All the film stars I mention in the above poem are from the 40/50s and perhaps posters on here don't know of them. Maybe they've never heard of Geronimo or Buffalow Bill but it did take a lot if thought and writing and I feel gutted no one even commented. Also I do think that entrants shouldn't be allowed to vote but it does seem that anyone else other than entrants aren't interested in this comp. ???"

Aren't all posts in the comp meant to be votes or entries?
(I just broke the rule but it was too late to write this in the style of an entry0

Just stick your works in critique if you want feedback.

nb for what it's worth I hardly ever get a vote, I don't thinkthat's either a personal attack or a reflection that I'm not funny. But maybe how the competition works, or the comic feel of the comp, or maybe I'm not funny who knows?

Bushbaby, maybe you need to adapt your style and write for the type of people who post on here? It's a competition, and if you want to win or even get a look in, you've got to change your tactics.

It's not the ideal solution but think of it as broadening your range and challenging yourself to make some people laugh who you might not normally do so?

Quote: Lee @ 26th May 2015, 12:31 PM BST

Bushbaby, maybe you need to adapt your style and write for the type of people who post on here? It's a competition, and if you want to win or even get a look in, you've got to change your tactics.

It's not the ideal solution but think of it as broadening your range and challenging yourself to make some people laugh who you might not normally do so?

There's much to like about this competition. But why not embrace a wider range of styles and allow anyone to vote. This is more likely to grow the number of entrants and the quality of competition. Otherwise (and I'm not saying this is happening but) you risk becoming a members club.

Anyone is allowed to vote, it just tends to be the entrants that bother though.

I vote Bushbaby

I vote Bushbaby. But a bear that can grow a moustache also gets my vote.

:) :) :) :D

I vote Bushbaby!!!!

Quote: Nick Nockerty @ 30th May 2015, 11:57 AM BST

...But why not embrace a wider range of styles and allow anyone to vote... Otherwise (and I'm not saying this is happening but) you risk becoming a members club.

Apologies for the late follow-up but I am a tart. Any type of entry is welcome (tee hee) and I'm not into becoming a members' club: it's just that there tend to be certain forumers who enjoy the comp and return to it. There are no limitations on who can enter what (tee hee hee) or who can vote - sorry if that wasn't clear.