Anarchic comedy

Apologies if this has been discussed before but I haven't been on for a while. With the recent events concerning the election outcome and the societal schism between the haves and have nots becoming ever wider and bitter, does anyone foresee a possible resurgence in anarchic comedy being on the cards?

Thatcher's Britain arguably produced people like Ben Elton, Rik Mayall and the pleasure was immense. Anyone else equally conflicted?

That was in the glorious pre-PC era. Hard to be anarchic when so many topics are perceived wrongly, as untouchable.

Ignoring PC is the only anarchy available now. I'm up for it, anti PC sketch ideas and jokes here please. Or anywhere you like, or not. I'm mad me!

Yes, I agree very much with that point.
PC is a major problem for anarchic comedy.
Well, all comedy, really. But it does affect this area of comedy disproportionately.

But also I'd argue that it would be hard to replicate Ben Elton, Rik Mayall, etc. Precisely because of Ben Elton, Rik Mayall, etc.
Consider the novelty of Alexei Sayle and Rik Mayall in their day.
But would it still be novel?

I'm also not sure whether a Tory Government necessarily means having a certain type of humour in response.
After all, under the Blair Government what you call a schism between have and have nots got bigger. Yet, no sign of a rise in anarchic comedy.
Thus I'm not sure why there ought to be one under the current Etonian Dynasty.

I guess the closest thing to anarchic comedy around these days are Messrs Reeves and Mortimer, including frying pans being smashed in people's faces.
However, I would find their public execution would be the greatest contribution they could make to entertainment. >_<

I'm sure Vic and Bob would be happy to be stretched until they are 20' tall and rubbery, then hit each other with frying pans which bounce off and hit their own faces. Arf.

Anti PC sketch 1

Council trying to vote for a Head of Inclusivity (like W1A) Torn between a black man, a lesbian, a gay white man, a trans who is racist and a right wing disabled lady. Much arguing and fretting over the choice. A points system is invented to find who has the most PC cred. They tie and chaos and confusion reigns.... They end up calling each other various 'ists', including some they have just thought of. No-one is completely PC compliant it turns out.