Burger King Perfume Ad - Sketch Script

Burger King Perfume Ad

Teen boy: (Sigh) Why can I never get a girlfriend, dad?

Dad: Think son, what do girls want more than anything else in the world?

Teen Boy: Twenty Mcchicken nuggets for just £4.29?

Ad Director: Wrong restaurant!

(Begin ad music)

Dad: No, they want the smokey smell of a flame-grilled whopper

Teen Boy: But they don't call me 'meat boy' at school for the right reasons, dad

Dad: Yes son, I know...(to himself) you got that from your mother... but with Burger King's brand new flame-grilled whopper perfume, you'll be just as popular with the ladies as their restaurants are in America, and oh how the Americans love their fast-food!

Teen Boy: But I don't want to attract girls that are attracted to the smell of fast-food, dad

Dad: I know son, I know....but beggars can't be choosers so visit your nearest Burger King restaurant for a meaty spray that will send the ladies your way! I can assure you, they will be 'lovin it'

Ad Director: CUT!

Quote: BenC @ 5th May 2015, 5:16 PM BST

Burger King Perfume Ad

Teen boy: (Sigh) Why can I never get a girlfriend, dad?

Dad: Think son, what do girls want more than anything else in the world?

Teen Boy: Twenty Mcchicken nuggets for just £4.29?

Ad Director: Wrong restaurant!

(Begin ad music)

Dad: No, they want the smokey smell of a flame-grilled whopper

Teen Boy: But they don't call me 'meat boy' at school for the right reasons, dad

Dad: Yes son, I know...(to himself) you got that from your mother... but with Burger King's brand new flame-grilled whopper perfume, you'll be just as popular with the ladies as their restaurants are in America, and oh how the Americans love their fast-food!

Teen Boy: But I don't want to attract girls that are attracted to the smell of fast-food, dad

Dad: I know son, I know....but beggars can't be choosers so visit your nearest Burger King restaurant for a meaty spray that will send the ladies your way! I can assure you, they will be 'lovin it'

Ad Director: CUT!

I'm afraid this doesn't really work.

You're already on shaky ground with the idea of a fast food chain perfume.
It's a surreal concept and I'm doubtful one can craft a gag out of it.
But that one might be able to pull off.

But we have no inkling why the actors don't know their lines, or whether they have any.
There also is a lack of direction to this.
Sure, 'Mcnuggets' and 'Lovin' it' refer to McDonald's, not Burger King (yes, I get it), but you digress with 'meat boy' and Americans and their fast food.
In doing so you further dilute the impact of the real gag, because you confuse your audience.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/1/8324503/burger-king-perfume-flame-grilled-fragrance

it's a passably funny idea, but that's it.

You repeat the joke over and over, with no twist in it at all.