8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown - Series 6 Page 4

Quote: fasty @ 24th July 2015, 6:44 AM BST

I get the feeling there's a bit of tension between Bill and Sean on this and on QI.

Quote: Agnostik @ 24th July 2015, 10:04 AM BST

Sean and Jon, on the other hand... I don't think they get along,

I would agree with you both, a lot of tension in the studio, and Jimmy Carr always looks tense. So they need to have a big cream pie fight, to dissipate all that tension. And Rachel Riley will need to wear a bikini, due to the mess. Possibly a bit of mud wrestling between Rachel and Jon ?

If Jon is also wearing next to nothing then yes that sounds very fair.

I think the tension with Jimmy is fabricated for comic effect (which is fine). You have to remember he starts every show by insulting everyone in his opening intro to each guest. So this justifies any mud slung back at him throughout the show and balances out the 'banter' (I hate that word).

I still it find it hilarious but I really hope they don't give up on the regular 8 Out Of 10 Cats. These Countdown episodes are worth a watch though for Rachel Riley alone.

Now expanded to (at least) 14 episodes, will this series ever end?

Quote: Agnostik @ 28th July 2015, 2:23 PM BST

Now expanded to (at least) 14 episodes, will this series ever end?

Let's hope not.

They've probably decided to let it run until the current series of The Last Leg raps up so they have a two hour time-slot to play with.

Is it just me, or is this woman treading the fine line between being utterly humourless and certifiably insane?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sean-locks-anti-cat-tirade-eight-5819296

I'd say that article is pretty obviously tongue in cheek!

Quote: zooo @ 29th July 2015, 12:26 PM BST

I'd say that article is pretty obviously tongue in cheek!

Is it? Don't I feel stupid now! :$ I guess I'll invoke the "English as a second language" clause, it always works when I'm being thick. :P

Now up to at least 15 episodes. Not complaining here!

A most excellent series. They have excellent guests and the 'sparky' relationship between the regulars is well played out. Jimmy Carr I suspect is a complete c**t in real life but I generally don't care. Am I the only sad person to play along though as the real Countdowners are far too difficult to compete against?

I play along. I don't often do much better than any of them with the letters though.

I usually try and the Tea time Teasers are usually brilliant.

I try, and I have "beaten" them once or twice. Mostly when Jon wasn't on.