Mrs Brown's Boys - More series?

Is there ever going to be another series of Mrs. Brown's Boys? I do miss the series and it's an awful long wait for Christmas every year for just 2 episodes. I thought Brendan was planning another series.

Possibly. Or possibly not. There's also the possibility of another film, or a spin-off film or series focusing on Mr Wang.

I personally would rather have more series than a film.

I'd personally rather I never saw it again and I think I speak for many others on this forum.

Probably best you don't waste your time joining in a thread that's talking about its possible return then, eh? :)

Quote: Aaron @ 14th April 2015, 6:03 PM BST

Probably best you don't waste your time joining in a thread that's talking about its possible return then, eh? :)

Just saying.
Rolling eyes

Peg eight Aaron !

I'd love to see a fourth series but at the same time, it is probably for the best that it only returns for Specials as otherwise he could risk the show losing its way.

The last I heard was that a second film isn't happening due to the long amount of time it took him to write the first one and that a full fourth series was highely unlikely. They're touring the UK again now with How Now Mrs Brown Cow performing 5 nights at a time to some of the country's biggest arenas - I mean they probably make more money at doing that. Plus, they're even going back to Australia next year to tour with Good Mourning Mrs Brown. So it is still very successful but as for more television stuff, he's planning to work on something new and Christmas Specials will continue.

That is, surely, only if the subject precludes a negation.
A thread that ends in 'More series?' can be answered both in 'Hell, yes!' or 'Hell, no!', can't it?

Why would saying 'no' be a waste of time, whereas saying 'ooh, yes, I love it too' be a profitable use of one's typing skills?

As far as I can tell, 'Mrs Brown's Boys' is very much a Marmite programme.

I happen to like it. I find it has a certain charm.
And when compared with the likes of 'Bluestone 42' it is fantastic.

But I do see that a substantial proportion of people would prefer downing a bottle of cod liver oil to watching Mrs Brown and her brood.

Quote: Gussie Fink Nottle @ 15th April 2015, 10:27 PM BST

That is, surely, only if the subject precludes a negation.
A thread that ends in 'More series?' can be answered both in 'Hell, yes!' or 'Hell, no!', can't it?

Why would saying 'no' be a waste of time, whereas saying 'ooh, yes, I love it too' be a profitable use of one's typing skills?

As far as I can tell, 'Mrs Brown's Boys' is very much a Marmite programme.

I happen to like it. I find it has a certain charm.
And when compared with the likes of 'Bluestone 42' it is fantastic.

But I do see that a substantial proportion of people would prefer downing a bottle of cod liver oil to watching Mrs Brown and her brood.

(Careful. He is the boss you know!)

Quote: Chappers @ 15th April 2015, 11:09 PM BST

(Careful. He is the boss you know!)

Eulalie!

OMG! It's back. WHY?

Well, at least it's one series where you couldn't have a drop in quality.

Because the BBC signed a contract to broadcast for eternity (at least till 2026). Why they did is the question you need to ask them, we can all guess, mine would be a mix of the Beeb cannot pick enough/any new sitcoms that can guarantee decent viewership ratings and MBB has pulled in more than most sitcoms in the same period, critically panned or not; it is an entirely studio bound shoot with a well established plan of production, making it easier to film than new sitcoms; and lastly but certainly not leastly, the BBC feel they're doing their bit for Anglo Irish relations and even contributing to the peace process, in having violence directed at thousands of TV sets instead of people.

Still shit, though.
The Beeb KNOWS when a series is past its sell-by date. Check Last Of The Summer Wine.