Misleading and Funny Advertising...

You know those adverts that are absolutely ridiculous and have no relevance what-so-ever to the product being advertised?
Well I've just made a video poking fun at these very adverts!
Please review, thankyou very much, any reply is amazing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHc1WvEo9cA

Also, tell me what your favourite funny advert is!
Thanks - Matt

I'm not sure I know which adverts you're poking fun at to be honest.

Just stupid adverts in general really

well, what can I say,
well done for putting a video together, I'm aware of the amount of time and effort you would have put into this, I think the final result is "ok"

the problem with poking fun at something is you either go so over the top to make sure everyone knows this is a joke and not the real thing or you play it straight and run the risk of people not finding it funny. a great example of this would be Spoof movies, a few spoof movies get it perfect, the naked gun, Hot shots etc. but a lot are just stupid, such as scary movies and loads of recent ones, and this is because they go to far over the top!

I think you were afraid if you didn't add in the stupid bits nobody would know you were being funny, but they come across as desperate and armature.

I think you could recut this into a good spoof of the type of advert you are making fun of, but you would have to be brave enough to edit it like a real advert. currently no adverts look like the one you made so its not mocking anything.

for a start adverts are 30-45 seconds long.
Advert have a soundtrack,
adverts get there much quicker.

so back to the editing board,
if your going to have a voice over make it about the customer not about "a boy"
Something more like this,
"Everyone feels alone at times, (Scene would be boy in tent!)
We find friendship in the strangest places (boy discovering snail)
But when you find a true friend, our differences don't matter its our similarity's that make us friends (shots of boy playing with snail and eating leaves together)
Friendship is about sharing, and the feeling we all belong (shots of the 3 snails, with the two snails sitting there)

then just have the boy stamp on the snails, go "OH no I've got snail on my shoe"
and cut to a picture of a pair of Nike's with the voice over
"Nike, Now with Microbio dirt repellent to keep them looking like new"

Or something along those lines!!!

anyway, I thought the idea was good. would love to see you re-edit it how I suggested though.